A lovely thing...

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AutumnGold

B of B Supporter
Reaction score
I've just picked this Vauen Mcrooty 511 up for next to nothing, and am very happy indeed. Lightly used, the previous owner has given it the coffee ground treatment to remove any trace of ghosting, so it's ready to smoke. This will likely be the pipe I start with when I pick up my first planned tobacco order.

I understand it's not particularly popular in the U.S. due to it taking a 9mm filter (this one comes with an adapter) but I think it's just lovely.
Screenshot_20240514_043818_Gumtree.jpg

Nice pipe, hope it smokes well for you.

I never liked my Vauen pipes and sold them off. Might've been that I was using them without a filter or adaptor, or I just didn't find the right tobacco for them.

Nice looking pipe!

This inspires a question: I have a box of Vauen filters that I picked up while traveling in Austria several years ago, and realized that I am not sure how to load them into my pipes - one cap-end of the filter is blue, the other is white, but I'm not sure if it makes a difference which end faces the bowl and which the bit. I don't speak German, so I can't determine if there's any clear direction on the box to help me. Anyone with some advice?

Nice looking pipe!

This inspires a question: I have a box of Vauen filters that I picked up while traveling in Austria several years ago, and realized that I am not sure how to load them into my pipes - one cap-end of the filter is blue, the other is white, but I'm not sure if it makes a difference which end faces the bowl and which the bit. I don't speak German, so I can't determine if there's any clear direction on the box to help me. Anyone with some advice?
White end toward the bowl, blue towards the stem.