• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Brothers of Briar and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Accessories For Sale Aged Samuel Gawith and Gawith Hoggarth Rope Tobacco

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Polyphemos

Reaction score
When I purchased and then smoked some of my Samuel Gawith No. 4 and Gawith Hoggarth Irish Brown rope tobaccos more than nine years ago back in 2015 I thought to myself, “Was I out of my mind! What the #@%& was I thinking!?!?” They just about blew the top of my skull off and the ringing in my ears lasted for hours. I’m sure I suffered a mild concussion. Applying the maximum, “Discretion is the better part of valor”, I rolled them into hermetically sealed jars, put them away, and forgot about them. Until recently.

Here we are in 2024 and for the past two months since I opened a jar it’s been all I’ve been smoking. It’s amazing what proper aging will do for a quality tobacco and no tobacco I’ve aged has changed so dramatically for the better. When fresh the nicotine level felt like it was quadruple that of Samuel Gawith Full Virginia Flake; now it’s roughly the same as FVF, or perhaps just a tiny bit more. What was once pretty raw is now amazingly smooth. It’s delicious but not overwhelming. Just the sublime flavor of pure, aged, Virginia tobacco.

Well, I have too much and so two of my jars worth are available. I have 11.3 oz of Samuel Gawith No. 4 aged since January 2015, and 15.4 oz of Gawith Hoggarth Irish Brown aged since April 2015. Both tobaccos have been aged within the jars shown, and neither jar has been opened since originally closed.

I can open a jar to send smaller sizes, or I can send an entire sealed jar if someone wants the entire contents with the jar. Price for opened jar of either tobacco is $16/oz plus actual shipping costs within the continental United States with a 2oz minimum. Price for either full unopened jar is $14/oz and I will pay for the shipping.

Payment by PayPal or Venmo only. I’m very sorry, but I cannot ship to a non-United States address at this time. Please contact me via PM for details and arrangements. Best wishes to all,

Jim

Ps - If you have the willpower to set some aside either of these tobaccos will be perfectly suitable as barter material during the coming zombie apocalypse.

IMG_2986.jpeg

IMG_2985.jpeg