An Observation

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cadfael

Reaction score
I find it very strange how much a particular pipe can change the flavor/complexity of a tobacco. What behaves one way in one pipe, can be a totally different smoke in another.

Case in point - Firedance Flake . . . I put it in one pipe and it was merely OK. Put it in my Blakemar Briar Lantern and it lit up in taste (no pun intended). The casing really shown and the vanilla/brandy flavors and aroma were wonderful.

Go figure!

Pipes are female. I.e., they have surprising (and unpredictable) likes and dislikes for no discernible reason. When they're happy . . . wow ! And it's just as vivid the other way ("Pipes from Hell" thread for example).

It's best to just humor them.

When Momma's happy, everybody's happy. :D

:face:

That's why some folks designate certain pipes to certain 'bacs :p Welcome to the intricate world of 'bac/briar :lol:

Pipes are female, and while fickle, are not negatively manipulative, nor are they so unruly they need to be soundly put in their place due to emotional uproars. :lol: As said, though, when Momma's happy, everyone's happy. Too true.

Some are happier more often than others though.

Kyle Weiss":p4ncn64n said:
Some are happier more often than others though.
Pipes are female because they have seasonal affective disorder. I had no idea what that even meant before I moved in with a woman in my early 20's. :suspect:

Personally I love gloom.

Storm_Crow":1p0disud said:
Personally I love gloom.
That's why you exclusively smoke aromatics--that's your inner goth putting on some Celine Dion to balance things out. :p (kidding)

Actually, that's part of the reason why I picked up a morta pipe. So many people questioned the name itself and then criticized it being "so dark." I feel a little positive gloom from it as well. 8)

Cadfael":m5uotxvj said:
I find it very strange how much a particular pipe can change the flavor/complexity of a tobacco. What behaves one way in one pipe, can be a totally different smoke in another.

Case in point - Firedance Flake . . . I put it in one pipe and it was merely OK. Put it in my Blakemar Briar Lantern and it lit up in taste (no pun intended). The casing really shown and the vanilla/brandy flavors and aroma were wonderful.

Go figure!
Caddy, that's part of why I enjoy the experience so much. What is ho-hum in one pipe becomes a symphony in another!

Love me some Firedance.

Cheers,

RR