Ardor Mercurio

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
sstodvictory":6yd418ts said:
I find it hard to stop looking at that. Its gorgeous.

Steve
Thanks Steve. Incidentally, I feel the same way about the pipes you've posted pics of! I like seeing pictures of a well thought out collection. Mine tend to be all over the map, as I'm still trying to figure out what I like!

Very nice but I notice it has not been smoked. Whatcha gonna put in it?

MisterE":b270fxrd said:
WOW!! :shock: :shock:

That´s awesome man! It´s new, and ebay find ofr didja buy it from a dealer?
Thanks E! It was from an Ebay dealer who usually has a lot of nice Italian pipes. The grain attracted me, but the price sealed the deal, about $160.00. I was a little surprised that it didn't go higher. I took pics of it because I was very close to putting it back on Ebay, but as I was preparing the listing, I had a change of mind. Ardors tend to be a real mixed bag for me as far and shape and finish go, but I guess this one kind of challenges my opinion. Maybe the Ardor fans prefer the wilder looking shapes and styles that they produce, and that's why bidding on this one wasn't so strong.

Blue Max":9q1by992 said:
Very nice but I notice it has not been smoked. Whatcha gonna put in it?
Thanks! I'm hesitant to smoke brand new pipes, as I'm strictly an outdoor smoker, and I'm kind of afraid of burning it. I only have a few that remain unsmoked, and unfortunately, they'll probably stay that way until I have my own smoking lounge!

That is a sweet looking pipe....great grain..and i like the stem too.

That is quite possibly the most beautiful Ardor I've seen. Great snag and at an incredible price!

UberHuberMan":2pw6tymf said:
That is quite possibly the most beautiful Ardor I've seen. Great snag and at an incredible price!
Thanks Uber!
I look for Ardors all the time now that I know that some of their pipes look like that one, but the Ardor aesthetic can sometimes be...a little different.

I know what you mean, Harlock. I've been gazing at Ardor's for years but have never found one that really suits my fancy. Most of them are so fanciful that I just can't see myself reaching for one. That one you nabbed is a diamond in the rough.

UberHuberMan":u6u0pb6u said:
I know what you mean, Harlock. I've been gazing at Ardor's for years but have never found one that really suits my fancy. Most of them are so fanciful that I just can't see myself reaching for one. That one you nabbed is a diamond in the rough.
"Fanciful" is the perfect descriptive word for Ardors! :cheers: :cheers:

Harlock - How do you like the Ardor Pipe? How many do you have?

I ordered my first Ardor recently. Should be here by the end of the week.

Both are very handsome. I noticed the flat bottom on the first one, is it a sitter?

I really like the shaping on the second one though. I feel the same way about Ardor. Quality pipes no doubt but most are too large and or fancy for me. I own one and it is sort of a Danish/Italian egg and it is my largest pipe that I still feel comfortable smoking.

You have two of the coolest pieces I've seen!

Airborne":3x37pkqi said:
Harlock - How do you like the Ardor Pipe? How many do you have?

I ordered my first Ardor recently. Should be here by the end of the week.
I like them, but I don't love them, or at least not yet. They are large and often quite ornate.
There's been some discussion about prices and value here:
https://www.brothersofbriar.com/t8173-ardor-pipes-your-thoughts?highlight=ardor

s.ireland":4fjl0uwu said:
Both are very handsome. I noticed the flat bottom on the first one, is it a sitter?

I really like the shaping on the second one though. I feel the same way about Ardor. Quality pipes no doubt but most are too large and or fancy for me. I own one and it is sort of a Danish/Italian egg and it is my largest pipe that I still feel comfortable smoking.

You have two of the coolest pieces I've seen!
Thanks!
That first pipe will sit, albeit in a wobbly manner.
To be honest, if I hadn't gotten good ebay deals on both, they probably would not have been too high on the radar screen, but as estate pipes, they were priced pretty nicely, and they are attractive, in an "Ardor-ish" way!

I would consider them just plain attractive :)

I know what you mean though as far as like not love. Mine too was an estate purchase although it was unsmoked. Everyone I have seen was made well.