Autumn aromatics

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AutumnGold

B of B Supporter
Reaction score
download.jpeg

Afternoon, gents. Come next payday, I'll be picking up a couple of aros in readiness for the "season of mists and mellow fruitfulness". At present, I'm leaning toward Peterson's deluxe mixture and Gawith Hoggarth black cherry. Any reasons I should avoid either? Cheers, all.

If you’re brave enough to do the Gawith Black Cherry I’d strongly recommend trying their Broken Flake #7 (dark fired VA plus Burley and fine scenting). It’s been a trustworthy companion for many years. This plays the role of an aperitif.

Then there’s Fire Dance Flake…the same straight Virginia blend as Samuel Gawith's Best Brown No. 6 Flake but topped with notes of blackberry, brandy, and vanilla — the blackberry acting as the focal point, with the brandy and vanilla in supporting roles. It makes for a delightful room note and enticing, fruity flavor balanced by the Virginias. (description courtesy of Gawith). This one is definitely dessert.

Well Bill, it depends on how traditional you mean I guess. Something to ingest before a meal to stimulate the appetite? Just expand your definition of “a meal” and you could make it fit. Hemingway’s Movable Feast? Whatever. We’re just having fun here anyway.