BOB Official Cheapskate Thread

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rob_In_MO

Smoker of Fine Aromatics
B of B Supporter
Reaction score
Let's see where this goes, always new ideas popping up from other members.

I'll start =

If I eat "out" its off a dollar menu (at least when alone )

My motor oil is free after rebate(s) or < $1qt for Synthetic.

I shop at Ross (recently purchased a $70 7diamonds shirt for $12)

I don't drive pointlessly, and try to plan my trips.

When I do have to go somewhere, my scooter gets 100-mpg.

Saving all the "scraps" from tins until I get a decent bag to smoke.

When a bar of soap gets thin, I break it up and add it to my shaving cup.

Buy 2-ply toilet paper and separate the plys. 2 rols for the price of one.

Fold 1 square of toilet paper into 1/4 size. Tear off the corner, open the square up, run finger thru hole created by tearing the corner off. Use the toilet paper, then use the corner to clean under your finger nail. :lol!:

I've washed my hair with dish washing liquid for as long as I can remember. Cheaper than shampoo and works just as well.

Steve

My wife
Reuses dental floss
Reuses paper coffee filters
Cuts open tooth paste tubes for the last drop of paste
I am proud of her

For all my hobby expenses, I don't buy anything new until I sell something I no longer use.

I collect all the recyclables (aluminum cans, plastic bottles) at home + work and turn in for cash.

I occasionally shop at the local thrift stores for casual / work clothes - especially on Wednesday when it's 40% off. I've bought name brand jeans that retail for $50+ for $5 and shirts for $2

My wife usually goes to consignment stores for her clothes.

I started a vegetable garden this year (tomatoes, peppers, zucchini, eggplant) to offset the escalating prices. I'll make salsa from some of the harvest to use for holiday gifts.

Great job Brothers, keep 'em coming!

After a shower, I leave the water sitting in the tub until it reaches room temperature so I can capture the heat instead of sending it down the drain. After it cools to room temperature, I use that same water to flush the toilet with during the day...

shootist51":7kglnasr said:

Fold 1 square of toilet paper into 1/4 size. Tear off the corner, open the square up, run finger thru hole created by tearing the corner off. Use the toilet paper, then use the corner to clean under your finger nail. :lol!:
Note to self: Don't shake hands with shootist!

Natch

Just marry a rich girl, obviously. Being a kept man is the ultimate cheapskate move, with none of the drawbacks of spartan living.

(Don't be a sap like me and follow your heart. 8) )

Natch":9x9vzs1w said:
shootist51":9x9vzs1w said:

Natch

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Natch":j9lksutn said:
shootist51":j9lksutn said:

Natch
Isn't shaking hands taboo nowadays, thought we were supposed to bump elbows or some such?

I was sick of my wife buying so much fancy soaps and lotions I started making them.

I don't buy new cars. We keep the old one and replace motors, trans etc. as needed.
We never take vacations. We have traveled alot...home is the best.
We prefer to eat at home. We grow a lot of our food.
We don't use credit cards.
We don't owe anyone anything...except standard taxes, utilitiy bills, etc.
We don't buy junk.