C&D Bourbon Bleu

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eklektos44

Reaction score
I've been thinking about trying this tobacco. Has anyone else smoked this yet, and what are your impressions if you have. :scratch:

I think you're right.

The only info I have read on it is from one of the guys at Smoking Pipes, of course his is a very subjective opinion or perhaps more subjective than an opinion from someone who doesn't have a stake in the claim. ;)

I have smoked almost a tin of this after discussing blends with Joe Fabian of C&D. I was looking for something with a little more sweetness than Five O'Clock Shadow, which I like in moderation after food. According to Joe, the recipe for Bourbon Bleu is similar to Five O'Clock, with the notable exception of having Bright Virginia Ribbon as the main component rather than Red Virginia Cav. Now, this will heat the blend up a bit, but the higher sugar content will mean more of that signature Virginia sweetness. This will also result in less body in the smoke.

I like Bourbon Bleu a lot. As with many C&D virginia blends, I like to open the tin and let it air a bit, then cover it with the plastic lid and let it sit for about two weeks. Much smoother smoke than right out of the tin, IMO.

Hope this helps!