Capstan Blue Flake

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blackhorse

Trading Post Moderator
Staff member
B of B Supporter
Council Member
Reaction score
OK, so it's good to know that Tolkien was no sissy. I popped my tin of Capstan Blue Flake yesterday and smoked my first bowl in my lovely #1 Connoisseur full bent panel then today got out the #2 version and went at it again. What a long smoking full flavored straight flake experience. A true joy. Rather like FVF on steroids.

The yellow is much more mild and sweet, but no less a delight.

Kudos to both of these.

Blackhorse":s4zj4ede said:
The yellow is much more mild and sweet, but no less a delight.
Like I needed another Va flake added to my wishlist.

:lol:

Love Capstan Blue! It's the perfect reading smoke. I've had more success with it rubbed out rather than flake form, but it could have had to do with drying time.

DireWolf":dbj2klvd said:
Like I needed another Va flake added to my wishlist.:lol:
You and me both. CUT IT OUT BH.

Have several tins of the Blue & Yellow, Flake and RR from 2013; purchased at SP/Low Country Pipe and Cigar in Little River, SC. Must pop one or both this Spring :D BTW...Thanks for causing me to check my inventory! Found a tin of Bell's Three Nuns I had totally forgotten about. :bom: FTRPLT

I smoked it back in the early '70s when it was blended by Wills in England. I'll have to try the new McBaren Danish version produced now as it sounds like it's not the usual McBite blend !! :twisted:

I HAVEN'T MADE IT THROUGH THE McCLELLAND STABLE YET AND YOU'RE COMPLICATING THINGS.

SLAP ME AROUND WILL YA

bullsh11.jpg

Interesting thread. I find Blue to be a little dull and somewhat bland. I currently have some jarred and am hoping for better things in the future, but I don't plan on cracking the jar for a while yet. Still have a crap ton of McClelland to smoke anyway, and that's a good thing :cheers:

Blackhorse":0a7t2pjk said:
As always, everybody likes something different.
It's a difficult thing to get everyone to like certain blends because there is so much personal preference when it comes to taste.
I have always enjoyed tobaccos that are somewhat one dimensional and could care less about what others think or like. Back before they stopped selling Capstan here in the USA I stocked up on that Blue Tin Medium strength blend. It was always my personal favorite in the Capstan line and still enjoy it immensely. Great stuff IMO.
:D