Greetings from Georgia

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ua_piper

Reaction score
Hello all,

I am a recent pipe smoking convert after being a relatively long time cigar smoker. While visiting Gatlingburg in early October my new fiance (proposed on the trip) and I decided to give pipes a try after talking to the guys at Gatlinburlier. My initial thoughts were just as a novelty and so we both chose churchwarden's that we liked, thinking that we would continue primarily smoking cigars. Now after a couple of months with the pipe I am about ready to trade off everything in my humidor for pipes and pipe tobacco. I have come to the realization that the churchwarden may not have been the best first pipe but the style suited me and it definately got me in and hooked. Last weekend I decided to upgrade and purchased the beautiful Ben Wade freehand seen below while I was at The Briary in Homewood, AL. Now its just a matter of trying as many tobaccos as I can get my hands on. Not qutie sure where my preferences lie, though. Everything I've tried so far has been aromatics of one sort or another and While I enjoy the room note I could use a step up in the flavor dept.

Is there anyone in the Greater Atlanta area that meets regularly? I am in Carrollton but we don't have much in the way of tobaccos availble here so are there any good shops around?

Looking forward to getting to know everyone here,
Adam

estate%20ben%20wade%20walnut.JPG

Welcome to the brotherhood!

You are in the right place! I am sure there are a few here that can steer you in the right direction for the area you live in. Congrats on the engagement and enjoy the pipe!

-Adam

Welcome aboard, Adam! Glad you're hooked, and glad you're joining your fellows here.

Greetings and welcome! This is a GREAT place to hang out, learn, socialize, and ask questions... so do so and know that we were all at one time in the same place you are now. Have fun and enjoy the journey! Oh, by the way, I really like the Ben Wade freehand - a classic.

Welcome from the Great State of Alabama.
I used to be a regular at the Briary.
Work and honeydos have kept me busy as of late
I need to stop in and see how Farmer John and Skip are doing.

Thanks for the greetings.

My fiance is in the process of finishing school at U of Alabama, so I still pass through Birmingham and Tuscaloosa pretty regularly. Are there any type of group get togethers in that area?

ua_piper":krjahgkv said:
Thanks for the greetings.

My fiance is in the process of finishing school at U of Alabama, so I still pass through Birmingham and Tuscaloosa pretty regularly. Are there any type of group get togethers in that area?
Not that I am aware of.
They usually have a pretty good crowd in the lounge area every Saturday, esp during football season.

UA, the Atlanta Pipe Club is meeting Sunday, 2 - 6 PM at Manual's Tavern, 602 N Highland Ave NE, in Atlanta.

Hello UA and welcome, you'll fit right in. Enjoy yourself friend.

Ron,

If I can, I will try to make it up to the meet. A lot will depend on how the SEC Championship goes Saturday night.

Roll Tide!!

Adam

Welcome to BoB :cheers:

Near Jasper, Ga about an hour north of Atlanta ...

HELLO! Georgia is well represented here on the BoB. I like it!

Auburn, GA (In between Athens and Atlanta).