Howdy from Calgary Alberta

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hunter_185

Reaction score
Just signed up and anxious to take a look through this site. Anyone else from Calgary on here?

As long as I can remember I've been interested pipe smoking. I had a great-uncle that smoked a pipe - I only ever met him once when he was at my grandmothers place. I was fascinated as I watched him fill his pipe then strike a match and light it. Our minister smoked a pipe too after service. That was all years and years ago and I haven't met anyone that smoked a pipe since.

A few years ago, I picked up my first pipe, a Bjarne freehand that I ordered from Cup o Joes. I was pretty much a 'secret' pipe smoker until recently. One of my neighbors down the street was standing in his driveway smoking (not a pipe), so I grabbed my pipe and tobacco and wandered down the street. As we were chatting I started filling it, and he said, "I didn't know you smoked a pipe!" I told him it was pretty rare, which it is, but he went on to tell me he used to smoke a pipe - his wife encouraged it because it smelled nice in the house. That led to quite a few more 'driveway pipe' sessions. I don't live on that street anymore though.

Anyway, I'm going to poke around this site! Cheers!

Greetings and welcome to the forum! You're way out West! Living in Quebec, I think I'm closer to Paris than to Calgary! I'm relatively new here myself. The various threads are really interesting so I hope you have a great read. Chime in anytime. The folks here are friendly.

Howdy to you hunter_185; although I'm Vancouver based, my fathers family hails from Lethbridge (well, Cardston, to be specific), and I'm back and forth between the Wet Coast and Calgary/Lethbridge/Taber a couple of times a year for visits.

Always nice to see another Canadian brother on the boards; next time I'm headed East, we should try and partake in a "driveway pipe session" of our own.

Howdy Hunter, I think you will find a couple more Calgarians in the BoB and certainly a good bunch of Canadians. I myself am a Canuck but have lived in the USA for almost 20 years. One of my 2 younger twin sons has lived in Calgary for about 5 years now, and I have 2 sisters in Edmonton.

PS I think you are the 3rd "Hunter" on the board.