It's Over But I still Can't Believe It Just Yet...

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dock

Reaction score
As you guys saw today, the market for pipes is VERY strong. I sold close to 150 pipes in two days. I have a dealer looking to buy the four that remain and I suspect them sold too now. Folks are very passionate about the hobby even though our economy sucks! Good news indeed.

Personally, I'm feeling optomistic about things but still sad about the friends with whom I'll likely see a whole lot less of now. Bittersweet sums it up. I actually shed a tear today when boxing up the very last lot. It was like saying goodbye to family members. Hmmm..... Twelve years of eating, drinking, breathing and being broke from my pipes/tobacco purchases and boom, now it's all over but a trip to the post office in the morning :shock:

Still though, I've changed in dramatic ways. I no longer spend my days and nights in front of a computer screen. I'm out meeting new folks and living life. When I was fat and listless I wanted to hide from the world, now I wanna go take a big bit out of it. I actually feel alive.

Thanks for letting me share this letter and a big part of my 20's with you all and a special thank you for all of the letters of support from my closest friends here. When you leave anything, you learn most who your truest buddies are. YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE! :lol:

Ok, I've rambled enough and am actually signing off for the last time now. No more dramatic B.S. from me :) If anyone ever needs or wants to get ahold of me do so here: [email protected]

Love to you all. Wish me luck!

Your former Admin and DanishPipeGuy,

Dock J.Perry
Dock

In the words of another beloved in our hobby, I say to you, my Brother,
"Fair Winds and Following Seas".

All the best to you!

Lou

Dock,
A very classy adieu indeed. Glad to have had the pleasure of making your acquaintance online and in person. May you always be safe in your travels and may all your endeavors always be successful!

CHEERS TO YOU DOCK!!! :cheers:

Sean aka "DoverPipes"

Good to see everything worked out well and quickly.

Enjoy the change - fare thee well :)

You have been a great ambassador for this fine art we practice!
Good luck Dock..............
Give em horns!!

Adieu my friend and God bless.

“MAY THE LIGHT ALWAYS FIND YOU ON A DREARY DAY.

WHEN YOU NEED TO BE HOME, MAY YOU FIND YOUR WAY.

MAY YOU ALWAYS HAVE COURAGE TO TAKE A CHANCE

AND NEVER FIND FROGS IN YOUR UNDERPANTS.”

:cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Dock,
It's been good to have met you on this forum as well as in person at the NY pipe show in 09. I wish you the best in your future endeavors.
Good night, and good luck.
EJ

Dock, I wish you the best and happiness in all you do. Always remember, the door is always open.

Best Always, Dan