Just when I think I'm out...

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

D.L.Ruth

B of B Supporter
Reaction score
... they pull me back in.
Just got back from what I planned to be my last deployment and planned on submitting my retirement packet. Well the army had different plans and thought it a good idea for a promotion. Sooo with the promotion comes another three years of service. I'll hit 20 years this coming January and was planning on calling it quits but I guess three years isn't thaaaat much longer.

Just got back from what I planned to be my last deployment and planned on submitting my retirement packet. Well the army had different plans and thought it a good idea for a promotion. Sooo with the promotion comes another three years of service. I'll hit 20 years this coming January and was planning on calling it quits but I guess three years isn't thaaaat much longer.
Would declining the promotion result in your retirement being in a lower grade than you are currently in?

DL, I think you will find that the extra pay and the increased pension will make it worth the time. What rank are you being promoted to? Congratulations on the promotion and thank you for your service.

Respect.