L'Anatra Pipes

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blue Max

Reaction score
There's a couple in their lineup I really like. The rustication is nice and the shapes are beautiful. One has a silver bands and the other does not but both of them have embedded in the stem a small silver......duck.

I think it's a duck.

I'm not sure I like something kind of sharp sticking up off my pipe. I just see snags and cuts for me.

Anyone know about this oddity?

LanatraBulldog.jpg

LanatraPoker-Sitter.jpg

I know I've considered many of their pipes. Honestly though, having that little duck sticking out of the stem is the very thing that steers me away from getting one. I don't know why, I just don't like it. They do however have a line that has just a silver flake style logo that I'm still heavily considering.

No experience though. I too would like to see some opinions.

I've had two. Very nicely done for the price. I had a cute little one egg apple that I gave away as a gift. No clue what I was thinking; she was a great smoker.

Rusty Mouse":ld5wt1z6 said:
I know I've considered many of their pipes. Honestly though, having that little duck sticking out of the stem is the very thing that steers me away from getting one. I don't know why, I just don't like it. They do however have a line that has just a silver flake style logo that I'm still heavily considering.

No experience though. I too would like to see some opinions.
Take a small bit and drill a hole through the duck's eye spot. Run a small chain or lanyard through the hole and but it around your neck. That way you always have your pipe with you and it won't hit the concrete if you drop it. :idea:

Here are pics of my two L'Anatra's, a sitter and a 3/4 bent.

Actually, the birds on the stems are geese, not ducks. As most of you already know, geese tend to be solid white, larger and more aggressive than ducks, at least here in North America and Canada. Maybe the silver variety are Italian, in which case I have only had good experiences with them, as neither have ever bit me, or anyone I happen to be smoking with.

If the geese tend to intimidate you, I would just get one with the unhatched eggs instead.

DSC00174.jpg

DSC00175.jpg

DSC00176.jpg

I have a two-egg zulu that is a charmer with virginia tobacco.

"A duck!"
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/yp_l5ntikaU" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" frameborder="0" loading="lazy" allowfullscreen></iframe>
"Who are you, who are so wise in the ways of science?"

I'd feel confident buying a L'Anatra. I've only owned one, but it was a fine smoker having a comfortable bit.

Steve

lanatra_2-egg.jpg