Land management based aerial shooting Pigs Far North Queensland Australia "Beware of a man that owns a pig farm"

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aussiemike

B of B Supporter
Reaction score
I just find this footage mesmerizing, amazing shooting. Very humane, and doing a service to our native wildlife. I remember pulling about 15 big pigs out of a trap after being dispatched and putting them in the back of my Suzuki stockman farm ute and dumping out the back of the property putting them in a big pile. I went back to see what was left after a day or so and there was nothing, nothing no teeth, toenails or even bum fluff. The area was trampled and muddy but not even a hair it looked like aliens had abducted them I was so shocked. Years later when I saw the movie "SNATCH" I believed it.

I knew that Australia has had to implement ground~aerial culling of camels but was unaware of any feral pig problems.

What is the cane toad situation these days?

I knew that Australia has had to implement ground~aerial culling of camels but was unaware of any feral pig problems.

What is the cane toad situation these days?
Getting worse unfortunately mate
They are also indiscriminate feeders, and out-compete native species. Cane toads have spread well beyond Queensland into coastal New South Wales, the Northern Territory's Top End and the Kimberley region of Western Australia. They are now moving westward at an estimated 40 to 60 km per year.
Unfortunately, when the toads were released in Queensland, they did not eat as many of the beetles as planned.
Here in Australia the cane grew taller than it did in Hawaii and the toads couldn't reach the beetles. dohhhhh

Last edited:
Oops! And here I thought.that…

IMG_7958.jpeg

Sadly too true on the cane toads spreading far and wide. A mate who grew up in Queensland sharpened the edge of a sand wedge golf club and would go out playing can toad golf at night.

Feral pigs, goats, camels, horse and cattle are a real problem here in Aus. Basically introducing anything to an ecosystem that's been in isolation for millenia is not going to go well for the natives.