Lovely little addition

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AutumnGold

B of B Supporter
Reaction score
Good morning, my fellow BoBs. I hope this post finds everyone happy and in good health.

Well, it seems that my pipe smoking forays have settled into a very nice rhythm. I've found my feet, I'm starting to taste my way around different tobaccos and, perhaps most interestingly, I'm finding my natural leanings in terms of the pipes I smoke. I think I'm a smoker for life now, chaps.

Straight and semi-bent seem the favourites and, despite my love for the big-bowled Vauens and the beautiful Savinelli, I find myself leaning toward the smaller, cheaper pipes.

My current favourite is the little no-named author because it gives a lovely 20-25 minute smoke and is nicely compact in the hand. It clenches beautifully too as it's so light. I like it so much that I've been actively searching for similar pipes.

Recently, I bought a nice little fixer-upper with the name 'Mogul' (I'm no expert but I think it's a Rhodesian. Happy to be corrected!) and cleaned it up using the oxi clean and abrasive cleaner method. It's come out beautifully considering that it's my first deep clean of an estate pipe, and it should fit neatly in the bottom pocket of my tobacco pouch, along with the author pipe, when I do take some baccy out with me for the first time (I've only smoked in the garden until now).

Interestingly, I prefer filters in the bigger pipes, but these smaller pipes tend to come with stingers, and I find I'm getting along just dandy with these too. I've included a few pics below. Have a great day!

AG
20240804_170610.jpg
20240804_170608.jpg
20240804_170606.jpg
20240804_170153.jpg

Last edited: