• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Brothers of Briar and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Accessories For Sale Mac Baren HH Vintage Syrian, 1 Lb in collectable Mac Baren Jar

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sstodvictory

Reaction score
Photos:
https://stevesite.us/images/pipes/tobacco_HH-VintageSyrian_with_LEjar/

I would have bought this before the year 2012, probably in 2011. Maybe someone knows how to tell the age from the numbers on the bag?

Condition:
The present weight of the tobacco plus bag is 430.2 grams, or 94.8% of a pound. If new tobacco is about 17% water (I've been told), then the tobacco has lost some water but is still far from dry. I can tell the same from squeezing the bag.

The bag is unsealed for about 3/4 inch at the center of the bottom edge. To me it does not look like the seal was made and then broken...more like it was never completely sealed in the first place. The yellow tape was placed there by me several days ago after seeing the gap. I noticed when I took the bag out to snap these photos, and then putting the bag back into the jar, that I could not close the lid of the jar without first removing the tape to vent the bag..which I did. I then stuffed the vented bag into the jar and retaped the gap.

I have to wonder if the factory left a gap in the seal to vent the bag, doing this only for those pounds that they sold in these jars (relying on the jar's gasket)?

Price:
I want to try to sell this locally, not ship it.

$200 for the tobac and the jar if you come to get it (SE Michigan, Manchester, 24 miles West of Ann Arbor).

$250 for me to deliver it to you in SE Michgan.

Either way, I will include 18 grams of Esoterica Margate in its original tin.

Steve

Last edited: