New "Accidental" Pipe Case

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lgoldberg

B of B Supporter
Reaction score
About a year ago, I picked up one of those zippered, rectangular bank deposit bags to use as a pipe and accessory case. It was only five bucks and quite roomy.

The wife and I were at Goodwill today, and I spotted this zippered leather case with a logo on it, "1915 Thompson & Co. Inc." Didn't know what that was, but it was four dollars, and looked like the right size to hold pipes.

Got it home and threw my stuff in it. It had a plastic thing in the lid which I hoped I could stick a pipe through, but turns out it was closed on one end. So I put my cigar cutter in it, and that fit perfectly.

Turns out there was a reason for that! I googled the company name and found out they're a cigar distributor. Very serendipitous.

20240721_075634.jpg
20240721_075600.jpg

Last edited:
I have a humidor I got from Thompson years ago; kept it on my desk at work back when. As I recall it was free with a cigar order, or maybe just really cheap, but it works better than my expensive one!