Out of Tobacco

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lgoldberg

B of B Supporter
Reaction score
Well, not entirely out. All I have left now is a jar of random stuff I combined from purchases I was not happy with, to make one mixture of tobacco I am also not happy with. Actually, I do get good smokes out of that jar, but it's not dependable.

I've got 4oz of Sutliff Heavy English and a tin of Plum Pudding coming. Trying to see if the Sutliff can save me some money; I've developed a taste for the expensive, like Peterson Standard, My Mixture 965, Presbyterian,, and others. Never had Plum Pudding, so this could be another expensive taste being acquired, lol.

I've read some online reviews of both, but any additional comments from you all would be most appreciated.

Well, not entirely out. All I have left now is a jar of random stuff I combined from purchases I was not happy with, to make one mixture of tobacco I am also not happy with. Actually, I do get good smokes out of that jar, but it's not dependable.

I've got 4oz of Sutliff Heavy English and a tin of Plum Pudding coming. Trying to see if the Sutliff can save me some money; I've developed a taste for the expensive, like Peterson Standard, My Mixture 965, Presbyterian,, and others. Never had Plum Pudding, so this could be another expensive taste being acquired, lol.

I've read some online reviews of both, but any additional comments from you all would be most appreciated.
I agree with Ranger and Timbo. I'll also add Sutliff Balkan Sobraine 957 Match, Match 20 (965 Clone), and Match Late Evening (Nightcap Clone).

I am also an advocate of bulks, Sutliff and C&D both have appealing offerings. Old Professor and Oriental Silk are favourites of mine from each, respectively. Bulks on discount are also way to have good tobacco at a reasonable price. C&D and Sutliff both have discounts at 20% periodically. Their top sellers listings are also helpful. So is Jim's encyclopaedic knowledge. I hope you find something you like or at least enjoyable substitutes. If you want a real lat bomb C&D's Star of the East is another good tobacco available in bulk.

A couple more that you may want to give a go from Peter Stokkebye is Proper English and English Oriental Supreme in bulk.

Have patience and get them on sale!

It`s been a busy day for me! went to eye Dr for a exam,Just as I suspected,my vision has gotten worse! 500 dollars later and new glasses on order,I went to the Cardiologist,he told me that my tests came back good! Everything was going great until I informed him of the numbness and burning pain that I am having in my left thigh. He suspects a blockage and a Doppler test was scheduled for early next week. He wanted to do it sooner,but he has to play the health insurance game....
Smoking my Caminetto billiard with PS sweet vanilla,mug of Hazelnut coffee. Did I mention ,it`s hot as hell outside! 92 degrees in the shade!