Samuel Gawith Perfection Mixture

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WVDAVE

Reaction score
A question for all you Samuel Gawith Perfection Mixture smokers. Is there much difference between the tin version and the bulk?
Thanks,

Theoretically tin and bulk tobacco are the same. In general if you want to buy bulk and you smoke a tin to find out what the current bulk will taste like, you should get what you hope to get. But as you know such generalizations can be foiled by any number of factors within a particular blending house.

However, here you are dealing with Samuel Gawith, and it is my opinion that they are an "anything goes" operation. With any other blending house I think a tin generalizes to bulk. But they will change a recipe or change constituent tobaccos without notice. This has happened to me four times. You pay $50 for a pound and the tobacco is significantly to substantially different.

While I think their tobaccos are top-grade, they are also prone to be undependable.

alfredo_buscatti":eyat6dui said:
Theoretically tin and bulk tobacco are the same. In general if you want to buy bulk and you smoke a tin to find out what the current bulk will taste like, you should get what you hope to get. But as you know such generalizations can be foiled by any number of factors within a particular blending house.

However, here you are dealing with Samuel Gawith, and it is my opinion that they are an "anything goes" operation. With any other blending house I think a tin generalizes to bulk. But they will change a recipe or change constituent tobaccos without notice. This has happened to me four times. You pay $50 for a pound and the tobacco is significantly to substantially different.

While I think their tobaccos are top-grade, they are also prone to be undependable.
I seem to remember Blackhorse making similar claims.

Me, I don't have the history that some of you do to evaluate this properly.

<shrugs>

Cheers,

RR

alfredo_buscatti":wklmq8xg said:

I agree with A.B.