Spear Hunting

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

David The Druid

Reaction score
So I have this place in Texas I pay to spear hunt wild boar (for an extra $375 you can get dogs and a knife and hunt that way) and I can say that it is an amazing rush. The thrill of having a 300-400lbs boar charging you is amazing. I have a few scars from missing the first charge. I also hunt boar in Europe near the Italian and Swiss borders. I've always wanted to try spear hunting bear as well but I'm not about to travel to Russia. Any of you spear hunt anything?

So I have this place in Texas I pay to spear hunt wild boar (for an extra $375 you can get dogs and a knife and hunt that way) and I can say that it is an amazing rush. The thrill of having a 300-400lbs boar charging you is amazing. I have a few scars from missing the first charge. I also hunt boar in Europe near the Italian and Swiss borders. I've always wanted to try spear hunting bear as well but I'm not about to travel to Russia. Any of you spear hunt anything?
You should come to Arizona and hunt javelina. They are nasty little SoBs and if you miss the charge I can guarantee you will have scars, lol. They aren't that big, maybe 175/200 lbs, but they are vicious when they attack.

Never speared any pigs Dave but have harvested plenty with traps,guns, dogs and pigstickers. Scary enough having a shotty when one charges let alone a spear, more power to you (y)
I bet the tracking, stalk and contact would be a real blood rush :cool:
It is such a rush. The spear must have cross guards under the blade or that boar will push down to give you a gore before it dies. I'm looking into going bear spearing in the future. I'd probably have to go to eastern Europe for that though. I'm a trauma surgeon living on the edge lol.

It is such a rush. The spear must have cross guards under the blade or that boar will push down to give you a gore before it dies. I'm looking into going bear spearing in the future. I'd probably have to go to eastern Europe for that though. I'm a trauma surgeon living on the edge lol.
Bear spearing? That sounds only a little less dangerous than Davy Crockett killing a bear with a hunting knife.

There’s a special name for those brave men that take a spear into the woods to hunt bear. We call them…LUNCH.

IMG_7920.jpeg

So I have this place in Texas I pay to spear hunt wild boar (for an extra $375 you can get dogs and a knife and hunt that way) and I can say that it is an amazing rush. The thrill of having a 300-400lbs boar charging you is amazing. I have a few scars from missing the first charge. I also hunt boar in Europe near the Italian and multi tools supplier. I've always wanted to try spear hunting bear as well but I'm not about to travel to Russia. Any of you spear hunt anything?
Does anybody have any recommendations on the Cutco hunting knives. I noticed they have an option of either straight edge or serrated edge. Which one would people recommend? It seems the serated edge would be better for cutting up meat, but the straight edge better for skinning. Any thoughts?