STG to Acquire Mac Baren.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In the last year or so, I found my replacement for Stokkebye LNF (hasn't been the same since C-19), which was my replacement for McClelland #2015. 507C. I hope my cynicism goes unrewarded, and they don't mess with the recipe or price point.

I wonder if this merger will drive another hoarding/pricing spike similar to McClelland. I worry that the final consequence of something like that is a sympathetic increase on common tobacco pricing. Worry may be too strong a term, I won't die without tobacco. But I can see collectors' pricing forcing inflation of first consumer tobacco.

I wonder if this merger will drive another hoarding/pricing spike similar to McClelland. I worry that the final consequence of something like that is a sympathetic increase on common tobacco pricing. Worry may be too strong a term, I won't die without tobacco. But I can see collectors' pricing forcing inflation of first consumer tobacco.
I’m far more concerned about the potential impact on the availability of Sutliff’s blends and the blending tobaccos they provide to tobacconists who create their own blends.

Did some reading on the permit requirements of tobacco importation licenses and the monthly reporting requirements alone are probably too much for a small shop to keep up with. Not to mention how extraordinarily invasive the data collection is. Those permits are really set up for larger businesses that have full time compliance staff - not small business friendly.

I’m far more concerned about the potential impact on the availability of Sutliff’s blends and the blending tobaccos they provide to tobacconists who create their own blends.

Did some reading on the permit requirements of tobacco importation licenses and the monthly reporting requirements alone are probably too much for a small shop to keep up with. Not to mention how extraordinarily invasive the data collection is. Those permits are really set up for larger businesses that have full time compliance staff - not small business friendly.
You’re right book keeping for a shop is a full time job. Every stick and ounce of tobacco has to be accounted for but it’s the distributor that has to deal with importation issues. You’re right again about Sutliff, lots of shops reformulated McClelland components in house mixtures with Sutliff tobacco.