Different Wallet styles.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aussiemike

B of B Supporter
Reaction score
I retired my 20+ year old pierre cardin wallet. I got this off aliexpress for around $6 AU which is prob 12cUS :LOL:
I usually wear cargo type pants and keep it in the leg pockets but I think it would be ok for back pocket also.
The molle patch didn't come with it but it has a card holder pocket inside also. It's got a carabiner on it so I could also hang from belt.
I like the spare change pocket and it will let me carry a lot of EDCs that I can't carry in a conventional wallet.
Ill let you know when I field test it, just hope the moths like it as I have short arms and long pockets :ROFLMAO:
Just thought I would share let me know if you have a cool unconventional type wallet :)(y)

1715582468906.png

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/100....order_list.order_list_main.66.21ef1802XA2Xte

Last edited:
Mine is a standard bi-fold from Saddleback Leather Co. 100 year warranty. I really like the thick full grain leather and have a medium briefcase and a duffel bag they call a "water bag". They are pretty much indestructible.

I have a Saddleback large Classic brief; since I've retired it just sits on a shelf. I should sell it, but it's so cool and well-made I just can't turn loose of it. I'd never considered their wallets but just looked at them on line; thanks for the head's up!

My wallet has way too much stuff for those small wallets. I've tried many times to see what I can get rid of but there just isn't anything. My current one is a Stay Fine from Amazon which I've had for a couple years, and it wouldn't hurt if it was a bit larger. I wish I'd known about the Saddlebacks when I bought it because it is half the price but I can tell I'll need to replace it in a couple years.

Not a tactical wallet at all but I would get another Pierre Cardin wallet in a heartbeat if I still used a stand alone wallet.

Found one someone left in its packaging outside the Hornsby Westfields 25 years ago and was still using it fine when I retired it for a phone case wallet 5 years ago. Hopefully still built to the same quality these days.

I've carried a Port wallet from Craft and Lore for about 5 years now. It's a small wallet that I carry in my front pocket. I've gotten away from a bifold or larger wallet and don't know that I could ever go back.
I like the Insider wallet RR they have some nice gear, not cheap but prob would last a lifetime. They look indestructible and get a nice patina after use by the look. (y)

Last edited:
I was given one of those Z wallets a long time ago in a box of purged junk. I like to dig through other people's boxes of crap, make some of it my crap, and then pass the rest onto someone else. I don't like things in my pockets, so I can't give any good reason why I kept this thing. I ended up really liking it and using both sides; one side for cash and the other for notes and coupons and junk. I believe they're made for travelers who carry a couple currencies.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/262863974896

My habits are so ingrained that if anything changes it just doesn't feel right. Money clip and pocketknife in left front, change and lighter in right front. Wallet in left hip, handkerchief in right hip (I used to carry a comb there too but that has become pretty much unnecessary). My chiropractor for years tried to get me to carry my wallet in a front pocket; it just didn't work for me. Probably have permanent spine/hip damage because of it :ROFLMAO:! I'd like to thin the wallet but I just know that if I do, whatever I take out will be the one thing I need!

I picked up a Dango tactical wallet three years ago. Dumb gimmick purchase, used it for a year and shelved it. A wallet isn't a Swiss army knife or a combat tool. $150.
https://www.dangoproducts.com/cdn/s...goproducts-26816912844_2048x.jpg?v=1682169175
https://www.dangoproducts.com/cdn/s...goproducts-28461762700_2048x.png?v=1684400094

I replaced it with a repurposed aluminum clamshell cigarette case with an internal card divider and an inexpensive Bassman lockback pockeknife. Ten times as useful. $25. Will post a pic later if I remember.

Last edited:
I picked up a Dango tactical wallet three years ago. Dumb purchase, a wallet isn't a Swiss army knife or a combat tool. $150.
https://www.dangoproducts.com/cdn/s...goproducts-26816912844_2048x.jpg?v=1682169175
https://www.dangoproducts.com/cdn/s...goproducts-28461762700_2048x.png?v=1684400094

Now I use a repurposed aluminum clamshell cigarette case with an internal card divider. Ten times the wallet. $10. Will post a pic later if I remember.
Very Cool I reckon Singed, I checked out their gear I like it (y) link below

https://www.dangoproducts.com/collections/all-wallets

I do keep a cheap knockoff of the swiss card multitool in my wallet

1715726429382.png

This is the swiss one below

1715726475191.png

Last edited:
My wallet has way too much stuff for those small wallets. I've tried many times to see what I can get rid of but there just isn't anything. My current one is a Stay Fine from Amazon which I've had for a couple years, and it wouldn't hurt if it was a bit larger. I wish I'd known about the Saddlebacks when I bought it because it is half the price but I can tell I'll need to replace it in a couple years.
I agree with your assessment after looking both up. The Saddleback wallet is what I would call a classic utility wallet.

Aussie
I retired my 20+ year old pierre cardin wallet. I got this off aliexpress for around $6 AU which is prob 12cUS :LOL:
I usually wear cargo type pants and keep it in the leg pockets but I think it would be ok for back pocket also.
The molle patch didn't come with it but it has a card holder pocket inside also. It's got a carabiner on it so I could also hang from belt.
I like the spare change pocket and it will let me carry a lot of EDCs that I can't carry in a conventional wallet.
Ill let you know when I field test it, just hope the moths like it as I have short arms and long pockets :ROFLMAO:
Just thought I would share let me know if you have a cool unconventional type wallet :)(y)

View attachment 18635

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/100....order_list.order_list_main.66.21ef1802XA2Xte
Aussiemike,

I, too, have struggled with wallets over the years. As my cards (credit, insurance, identity) have grown, I have switched from a tri-fold to a bi-fold to slim down the bulge in the pocket.

One thing occurs to me: the carabiner could leave the wallet vulnerable to "snatch-and-grab" thieves if worn on the outside.

On the inside, though, say, if you were to tuck it into the pants in the front: well, then, who is to say? Either you will have appreciative glances from the ladies or give pickpockets plenty of cause for alarm.

I'm just saying.

Sadly, I have a "public-facing" job right now. I do not dare pursue the strategy myself. It would make me smile, though, if someone else were to do so.

Book

I was mugged twice by the time I was seventeen. I lost nothing of value but learned to separate my belongings. I carry this in my left pocket
17157309862398569822426878185310.jpg

This in my right front pocket
17157310515064651053055149802734.jpg

I originally carried a balisong in my back pocket until a martial arts master demonstrated drawing a clip knife unnoticed by the other martial artists in the shop at the time and I made the switch. That's a Spyderco Jess Horn.

I like the Insider wallet RR they have some nice gear, not cheap but prob would last a lifetime. They look indestructible and get a nice patina after use by the look. (y)
I've got quite a few of their products, and while they certainly are not inexpensive, their quality has been impressive! I'll have to try to get a picture over the weekend. The wallet has aged nicely and is the perfect size for me. I also have one of their Field Note notebook covers, a couple watch bands, and several belts. Multiple years regularly carrying a firearm on the belt and it doesn't sag at all. I expect many years, if not decades, out of their products, and I've had no indication to suggest I'll be disappointed with my expectations. ;)