Jim's SPC Plum Pudding Special Reserve Robusto Review.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JimInks

Reaction score
I got a couple of these cigars, and thought I'd try my hand at a cigar review.

This robusto has a easy char light, and the smoker will quickly notice a burst of sweetness. Overall, it sports a lot of earth, wood, sweetness, floralness, smoke, peat, leather, vegetation, some pepper, spices, coffee, bitter dark chocolate, tangy citrus, herbs, grass, and a light nuttiness. The wrapper is Nicaraguan habano, and the filler is a combination of Nicaraguan cigar leaf and Plum Pudding. The effect of the Plum Pudding Special Reserve pipe tobacco is moderate.The strength and nic-hit are a couple of steps past the medium mark. The taste is a slot past the center of medium to full. The experience is fairly smooth with minute rough notes. It’s well packed with an easy draw. It has a very light bitter note at the finish, which I find typical for cigars at the nub. No tunneling, and it requires few relights. The most obvious flavor aspects are the fairly smooth overall sweetness, floralness, smoke, and some spices. Has a strong room note. Not quite an all day smoke for the veteran, and is repeatable under any circumstance. I’m forgoing a rating due to my lack of experience in comparing cigars although I have smoked thousands of them over the past, almost fifty years. I do recommend it.

Last edited:
I got a couple of these cigars, and thought I'd try my hand at a cigar review.

This robusto has an easy char light, and the smoker will quickly notice a burst of sweetness. Overall, it sports a lot of earth, wood, sweetness, floralness, smoke, peat, leather, vegetation, some pepper, spices, coffee, bitter dark chocolate, tangy citrus, herbs, grass, and a light nuttiness. The wrapper is Nicaraguan habano, and the filler is a combination of Nicaraguan cigar leaf and Plum Pudding. The effect of the Plum Pudding Special Reserve pipe tobacco is moderate.The strength and nic-hit are a couple of steps past the medium mark. The taste is a slot past the center of medium to full. The experience is fairly smooth with minute rough notes. It’s well packed with an easy draw. It has a very light bitter note at the finish, which I find typical for cigars at the nub. No tunneling, and it requires few relights. The most obvious flavor aspects are the fairly smooth overall sweetness, floralness, smoke, and some spices. Has a strong room note. Not quite an all day smoke for the veteran, and is repeatable under any circumstance. I’m forgoing a rating due to my lack of experience in comparing cigars although I have smoked thousands of them over the past, almost fifty years. I do recommend it.
Bravo