What Are You Smoking Pages.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jim,

I have a question for you, since you know a heck of a lot about pipes. I bought a Rattray's Brave Heart shape 153 about a month ago. I doesn't have any stamping indicating its national origin. Would you happen to know where those pipes are/were made? Mine was brand new, so it would seem to me that it was made recently. Any info you cold pass along would be appreciated.

As to pipe shapes, I have one apple (Savinelli Venere 207) and a lot of billards. I like the apple a lot, maybe because my Grandfather smoke Kaywoodie apples back in the day.

Best regards,

Carl
I wish I had a precise answer for you. K&K owns the company, and many are produced by more than one shop in Italy, and elsewhere. That's all I can tell you.

Did a second set of walking reps and it was more humid this time, but I survived. :) I've a quarter of a bowl left of year 2015 D&R A.B. Rimboche in an undated slight bend, smooth flame grain Wessex Standard egg with a brown accent on the black vulcanite saddle stem. Ice water and bergs is my drink. Watching the Reds-Dodgers game.
Wessex_bent.jpg

Almost half way through this bowl of year 2021 first production Watch City Simply Orange Virginia in a black sandblast medium bend Peterson POTY 4AB No. 182/500 military mount with a silver cap and a tapered black vulcanite AB stem. The orange scamper is snoozin' by my side.
4AB_Sandblast_left.jpg

I wish I had a precise answer for you. K&K owns the company, and many are produced by more than one shop in Italy, and elsewhere. That's all I can tell you.

Did a second set of walking reps and it was more humid this time, but I survived. :) I've a quarter of a bowl left of year 2015 D&R A.B. Rimboche in an undated slight bend, smooth flame grain Wessex Standard egg with a brown accent on the black vulcanite saddle stem. Ice water and bergs is my drink. Watching the Reds-Dodgers game.
View attachment 18887
Thanks, Jim

Smoking a Dr.Plumb Peacemaker that I keep forgetting I have as its not in the rack its in a box. Smokes really great and is now in the rack, the only bowl that has been smoked is the one pictured as I cant bring myself to try the others yet and prob wont. MB no1 for the first time not bad. I really love this pipe to look at and smoke now.(y)(y)

1716165646758.png

English blend tobacco in my big meerschaum, wearing an vintage Lincoln Bennett &Co bowler from Piccadilly England. Drinking straight corn moonshine. View attachment 18892
Feeling quite capital, lol good night ladies and gents
Great pic and pipe mate !! (y)Straight corn moonshine what does it taste like?

Great pic and pipe mate !! (y)Straight corn moonshine what does it taste like?
Corn 'shine has a slightly sweet note,can be a bit fiery as this jar was 100 proof. But overall smooth for the proof. Definitely can taste the corn but in a pleasant way imho. Essentially an unaged whiskey, so none of the various flavors that the barrel imbues.

Corn 'shine has a slightly sweet note,can be a bit fiery as this jar was 100 proof. But overall smooth for the proof. Definitely can taste the corn but in a pleasant way imho. Essentially an unaged whiskey, so none of the various flavors that the barrel imbues.
Sounds like my type of drink HB if only I knew someone that lives out in the boonies up in the mountains that is probably a moonshine kingpin :unsure: Timmmmbooo???

Smoking the peacemaker with some rat pro mix, and as I am such a lazy bastard and not used to a clean pipe and trying to get the last puff out of it due to the exorbitant cost of tobacco over here pulled the ash through to my lungs aggg I will clean my pipes tomorrow defiantly. Not this type though :LOL::ROFLMAO:

I had a very busy evening and couldn't post until now. I just finished smoking 2019 C&D Yorktown in a smooth medium bend 2021 Peterson POTY Terracotta 4AB No.108/500 military mount with a silver cap and a tapered black vulcanite AB stem.
4AB-TC_left2.jpg

Near the half way mark of this bowl of Watch City American Cut Plug Mixture in a year 2021 straight black sandblasted Peterson Ragaire 150 bulldog with an unmounted army mount tapered acrylic cumberland fish tail stem.
Peterson_Ragaire_bulldog150 .jpg

English blend tobacco in my big meerschaum, wearing an vintage Lincoln Bennett &Co bowler from Piccadilly England. Drinking straight corn moonshine. View attachment 18892
Feeling quite capital, lol good night ladies and gents
Top Marks "Ole boy" A character straight from a Sherlock Holmes Case. 👍