307 Fishtail replacement stem

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah I sure was not trying to put a negative spin on Peterson Customer service posting that video. I love my Peterson pipes and the end result for him was outstanding!

Brewdude":i74uewru said:
Looking forward to your pics of the hand made replacement stem Kirk.

Cheers,

RR
I'll definitely post a photo or two as soon as I get the battery charger.  :sunny: 

CipsterX":i74uewru said:
Yeah I sure was not trying to put a negative spin on Peterson Customer service posting that video. I love my Peterson pipes and the end result for him was outstanding!
No need to feel awkward Buddy, we all know about getting a bad Customer Relations Officer handling our complaints and most of us have sadly experienced it at least once, always good to see when the folk higher up the ladder put things right in the end, shame things have to go that far before it gets put right though, Paul was right not to give up and I commend him for his dogged determination.  :sunny: 

Here's the photo of the new stem in place, aint perfect by any means but it works and I am now able to savour this wonderful Pete', I love Peterson pipes.

IMG_1530.jpg

Briar Spirit":e8xlobpq said:
Here's the photo of the new stem in place, aint perfect by any means but it works and I am now able to savour this wonderful Pete', I love Peterson pipes.

IMG_1530.jpg
That replacement stem sure looks good to me Kirk. Well done!

8) 

Cheers,

RR

Brewdude":cd301s3x said:
That replacement stem sure looks good to me Kirk. Well done!

8) 

Cheers,

RR
Very good of you to say RR, thank you for the kindness Buddy.  :sunny: 

The Peterson System mouthpiece retails for $25 in either P/Lip or F/T. Currently, you can get a M/P in either that fits 301, 303, 304, 305, 313, 314 & B42

Hi Briar Spirit: All system pipes are available with either the fishtail of the plip and the fitment is easy because unlike most briar pipes the system mouthpieces do not have to be hand fit by a pipe repairman. We sell 307 size mouthpieces in my shop in Poulsbo, Washington USA and sell them for 30 dollars but I should think since you are located in the UK that a quicker and easier fix for your 307 is just to phone or email Petersons in Dublin at their retail shop and they should be able to accommodate your needs.

bent bulldog":j8ju12dq said:
Hi Briar Spirit: All system pipes are available with either the fishtail of the plip and the fitment is easy because unlike most briar pipes the system mouthpieces do not have to be hand fit by a pipe repairman. We sell 307 size mouthpieces in my shop in Poulsbo, Washington USA and sell them for 30 dollars but I should think since you are located in the UK that a quicker and easier fix for your 307 is just to phone or email Petersons in Dublin at their retail shop and they should be able to accommodate your needs.
Thank you very much for your kind consideration and excellent advice, I have been in contact with Peterson in Ireland, this is what I found out:

Briar Spirit":j8ju12dq said:
Peterson's got back to me, they wanted €25 for the stem, €10 for shipping plus I would have to send the pipe to them, would have ended up costing me around £37 ($61.50), a bit out of my reach at the moment for just a stem so I opted to make one myself instead.