Amphora Red?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cadfael

Reaction score
It has been gone awhile now but I have a friend who loved it - has anyone "cloned" it with some new re-blend?

I would appreciate any information.

You can get a box of 5 50 gram bags @ dutyfreedepot.com. I have never delt with them so use due caution.

Jim

A local convenience store down the street from me still has a few pouches of it. I will give em a squeeze next time I'm there to access the moisture content. PM me if you're interested. I'll mail them to you for what ever they cost & provide receipt.
---Rich

I was just looking at the Red Style G&H at Smoking Pipes last night. Nearly pulled the trigger. Great minds, etc.

I did read the reviews at the R site and was surprised to see that the G&H Red is quite Lakeland in nature. I didn't think Amphora Red was supposed to be like that...but don't know as I've never dealt with it first person. You might want to check out others' comments.

Blackhorse":hra8d4xo said:
I did read the reviews at the R site and was surprised to see that the G&H Red is quite Lakeland in nature. I didn't think Amphora Red was supposed to be like that...but don't know as I've never dealt with it first person. You might want to check out others' comments.
Very seldom do I look at the R site, but after reading your comment I stuck my nose in my bag of Red Style to see for myself. No lakeland detected, just my memory of what Amphora Red smelled like. So I just loaded a bowl of Red Style to further investigate. It may have been due to the power of suggestion but I did notice a faint lakeland note on first light....something I hadn't noticed before. My sample is a bit stale so the lakeland note may be due to the staleness.

Jim...my ha'pence