Another pet peeve! Grrr! Rawr!

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
UberHuberMan":iaqwdedo said:
Also charming is e-bay's ownership of PayPal. So essentially, when you receive payment through PayPal, which also has no real competitor to my knowledge, you have to pay their exorbitant fees on top of the exorbitant fees you pay to e-bay! You have to pay them twice! Sheesh! It makes me wonder how e-bay sellers can afford to sell and pay their bills.
Indeed. How often do you see banks and car dealerships under the same financial/business roof? Hell, real estate agencies and lenders? Gosh, didn't that get us into trouble once already? :lol:

It's a ludicrous setup, for sure. Likely the blind eye is being cast because PayPal is a banking institution, which begets interest, which as the government's interest.

I don't want this to get all "rubber room," but you have to wonder. My dad always told me, "Want to find trouble, or at least the source? Follow the money." Us being red-blooded capitalists, to boot. 8)

Kyle Weiss":sahzn6bc said:
Indeed. How often do you see banks and car dealerships under the same financial/business roof?
Can you say Harley Davidson? :rendeer:

Dutch":th6rt45o said:
Kyle Weiss":th6rt45o said:
Indeed. How often do you see banks and car dealerships under the same financial/business roof?
Can you say Harley Davidson? :rendeer:
GREAT point, and kind of embarrassing, as I worked for 'em about 10 years ago as a network technician. :oops: On the financial end of it, too!