April Showers...OF DESTRUCTION::: BOB Bombing Run

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Whew! Been so busy this weekend that I haven't been able to keep direct contact with the brass, but my bomb made a direct hit! Good job to all units and may we obliterate someone else next month!

P.S. Gosh, this really is a lot of fun and I'm so glad we get to make somebody really happy... hmmm, I mean destroyed, each month!

What kind of tea? I've recently got into herbal* teas and found I quite enjoy them.

* not a euphemism

gravel":l9s9bgth said:
What kind of tea? I've recently got into herbal* teas and found I quite enjoy them.

* not a euphemism
In the inventory it's listed as Samovar Tea. A Samovar is actually a traditional vessel for making tea. Samovar tea is likely a term for a general blend or taste now. Or it might just be marketing and be a single type of tea. I'm not exactly sure what it is but I would guess it's a combination of some black teas from India, Sri Lanka, and/or China. Think similar to English Breakfast, Irish Breakfast, Russian Caravan in usage though not necessarily similar in taste. I would be shocked if it's not almost or exclusively black tea. I would guess that it's similar to Russian Caravan tea but maybe without the Lapsang Souchong (Smokey). It would not be considered herbal. The tea in it is proper tea from the Camellia tea plant. There are a couple types but I'd have to research it to remember beyond that. Did I tell you guys I was really into tea before pipe smoking? :lol!:

I really can't express how special this was for me.  It's not about the tobacco (don't get me wrong, I'm going to smoke it all).  Its more about this odd relationship I have had the pleasure of developing with so many kind and generous folks all over the country.  I'm proud to consider you all friends and look forward to getting back in the pilot seat for the next mission.
Sincerest thanks,
Mike.[/quote]

I have to say, "this thing of ours" is pretty special. I laugh to think that every month some poor s.o.b nearly gets thrown out by his wife when all the bombs start to hit. And I've really come to enjoy being able to be a part of this. It's completely devious in the best possible way :twisted:

juanmedusa":a34mz3nb said:
gravel":a34mz3nb said:

* not a euphemism
In the inventory it's listed as Samovar Tea. A Samovar is actually a traditional vessel for making tea. Samovar tea is likely a term for a general blend or taste now. Or it might just be marketing and be a single type of tea. I'm not exactly sure what it is but I would guess it's a combination of some black teas from India, Sri Lanka, and/or China. Think similar to English Breakfast, Irish Breakfast, Russian Caravan in usage though not necessarily similar in taste. I would be shocked if it's not almost or exclusively black tea. I would guess that it's similar to Russian Caravan tea but maybe without the Lapsang Souchong (Smokey). It would not be considered herbal. The tea in it is proper tea from the Camellia tea plant. There are a couple types but I'd have to research it to remember beyond that. Did I tell you guys I was really into tea before pipe smoking? :lol!:
The tea contains: black tea, cinnamon and orange oils, clove, granulated lemon and orange, and orange peel. I had a cup black tonight while enjoying my new "hobby" of jarring tobacco, and it was delicious.

Jevverrett":04krn7iv said:
I have to say, "this thing of ours" is pretty special. I laugh to think that every month some poor s.o.b nearly gets thrown out by his wife when all the bombs start to hit.  
My wife was actually fairly understanding, and amused if not confused.  However I found out this evening that it is still too soon to try and explain why I still need to take advantage of the SP C&D sale... :face:

Well, I guess that tea has more going on for it than I thought. So it's the black tea plus the citrus and some spices. The bulk of it will still be the black tea. Maybe that's why I couldn't remember Samovar blend to begin with. I tend to like more straight, near straight teas. If I had that one I probably figured it had too much going on for my preferences and forgot about it. My real focus is Chinese teas, especially sheng pu-erh which is really strong, bitter green tea compressed into bricks that's really an effort to brew correctly. Doesn't that sound appealing? :scratch:
But don't feel bad for me. I hear it really mellows out after a few decades of storage. :|

My wife was actually fairly understanding, and amused if not confused.  However I found out this evening that it is still too soon to try and explain why I still need to take advantage of the SP C&D sale... :face:[/quote]

Haha. I had that discussion literally last night. They don't understand most of your stock is aging, and the rest is for different times of day or occasions. I've been told this is a normal blind spot in the female mind.

Just when I thought it was safe...
I returned home to the makeshift tobbaco jarring operation that has taken over my living room to find yet another direct hit landed right in the middle of what has become ground zero.
IMAG0607_zps7hhpieuc.jpg

And I found myself again totally shell shocked.
IMAG0608_zpsf5epqc8f.jpg

The damage:
All tins
McCrannies Red Ribbon
Frog Morton's Cellar
Balkan Sobranie
MacB 7 Seas
And a large bag of Nathan's whole bean Brazil/Guatemala coffee

I have been completely destroyed!

The next bombing run thread is posted.

https://www.brothersofbriar.com/t30355-spring-clean-for-the-may-queen-bob-bombing-run#418259