Burma Rifles

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joshamee Gibbs

Reaction score
Patience never was one of my virtues.
So the Rifles lasted 15 days in the press (as opposed to the original six weeks I had planned), cracked 'er out this afternoon and will be letting 'er cool down and breathe for a couple days before she goes in one of my skookum choochers.
Man oh man does it smell goooood!
That's six ounces of 'baccy, right there, boys...

press1.jpgpress3.jpgpress2.jpg

Last edited:
Patience never was one of my virtues.
So the Rifles lasted 15 days in the press (as opposed to the original six weeks I had planned), cracked 'er out this afternoon and will be letting 'er cool down and breathe for a couple days before she goes in one of my skookum choochers.
Man oh man does it smell goooood!
That's six ounces of 'baccy, right there, boys...

View attachment 22198
If I may ask, what is that apparatus? I looked up "brick press" but I don't see anything that resembles the photo.

Tanks!

If I may ask, what is that apparatus? I looked up "brick press" but I don't see anything that resembles the photo.

Tanks!
That is what's technically known as a "pollen press" amongst the greenleaf smokers. They use it for making hashish.

Li'l ol' innovative me, on the other hand, uses it to make tobacco plugs, (Oh the horror!) I just slang'd it into the term "brick press" because the plugs come out as hard as a brick...

That particular model can be found on ebay by typing this into the search bar:
ROSITEK MPP2 MANUAL PRESS

press3.jpg

Ah, ok. I looked up a "how to" video. For cannabinoid products the process is very intricate with all the preheating and boiling.

{For some reason this post got trapped in the Approval Queue. Probably the one word hitting a censor of some kind. - Carlos}

Last edited by a moderator:
Ah, ok. I looked up a "how to" video. For cannabinoid products the process is very intricate with all the preheating and boiling.

{For some reason this post got trapped in the Approval Queue. Probably the one word hitting a censor of some kind. - Carlos
@Neo the process for tabac is simpler. Figure out what you want in a finished flavor profile, buy and blend the corresponding component tobaccos, press for two weeks or more. Add heat as an option.
@Carlos Greenleaf seems to slip past the censors easier than some other words :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

That is what's technically known as a "pollen press" amongst the greenleaf smokers. They use it for making hashish.

Li'l ol' innovative me, on the other hand, uses it to make tobacco plugs, (Oh the horror!) I just slang'd it into the term "brick press" because the plugs come out as hard as a brick...

That particular model can be found on ebay by typing this into the search bar:
ROSITEK MPP2 MANUAL PRESS

View attachment 22281
That's a nice brick and the press is impressive. I got a similar result, though less dense, with an empty vegetable can, some big washers, and a c-clamp. I like plugs, so may graduate to a better method.

That's a nice brick and the press is impressive. I got a similar result, though less dense, with an empty vegetable can, some big washers, and a c-clamp. I like plugs, so may graduate to a better method.
Thanks, Swede.
I have a friend who uses candy tins and C-clamps, puts out a decent puck shaped crumble cake.

These Rositeks are coming down in price. I paid $100 for mine and have seen them as low as $83. Yet there can't be $50 worth of material in them. If you've got a friend with a machine shop and access to a decent scrap yard you could probably build one for way less.