C & D Bayou Morning

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SpeedyPete

Reaction score
I would like to hear from my brothers what they think of this tobacco. I want to give it a try.

I too have never tried it but, would like to maybe.
After reading the reviews I'm a bit on the fence because some say there's too much
Perique while others say it's too mild but, for the most part many say it's perfect.
Decisions, decisions, I hate it. Check them out> BAYOU MORNING

SpeedyPete":8x6q00c5 said:
I would like to hear from my brothers what they think of this tobacco. I want to give it a try.
Are you in the CONUS? If so, PM me your snailer - I'll check and see if I have some and send you a sample.

Cartaphilus":sb5w8jhz said:
I too have never tried it but, would like to maybe.
After reading the reviews I'm a bit on the fence because some say there's too much
Perique while others say it's too mild but, for the most part many say it's perfect.
Decisions, decisions, I hate it. Check them out> BAYOU MORNING
30 x 4 stars and 16 x 3 stars  :cheers:  Who am I to argue?

Will place my order with Rich within this week.

Thank you, my bro'

Cadfael":857q6tvw said:
SpeedyPete":857q6tvw said:
Are you in the CONUS? If so, PM me your snailer - I'll check and see if I have some and send you a sample.
Good day, my bro'  :) 

I live at the most southern point of Africa, many 1000s of miles from you, unfortunately

SpeedyPete":9z9h8kpm said:
I live at the most southern point of Africa, many 1000s of miles from you, unfortunately
You must have to be very cautious so not to fall off. :fpalm:

Cartaphilus":qwz59tj7 said:
SpeedyPete":qwz59tj7 said:
You must have to be very cautious so not to fall off. :fpalm:
I love living on the edge!! Makes the adrenaline flow  :twisted: 

I'm usually in the minority on this one, but I don't care for it. It was a good amount of perique, for me, but I found the VAs to be very muted and flat...I found it to me muddy and kind of a non-event. Just my $.02...which is probably only worth about $.01 in this case.

idbowman":j9xfma07 said:
It was a good amount of perique, for me, but I found the VAs to be very muted and flat...I found it to me muddy and kind of a non-event.  
Interestin'.  I find all VaPers to be this way--until I get used to them.  Then they become my favorites, like Escudo or Bulls-Eye Flake.  Think I'll give this one a shot sometime.  Still haven't learned to like Orlik Golden Slices yet.  Seems flat as hell to me.

Richard Burley":c01w27ch said:
idbowman":c01w27ch said:
It was a good amount of perique, for me, but I found the VAs to be very muted and flat...I found it to me muddy and kind of a non-event.  
Interestin'.  I find all VaPers to be this way--until I get used to them.  Then they become my favorites, like Escudo or Bulls-Eye Flake.  Think I'll give this one a shot sometime.  Still haven't learned to like Orlik Golden Slices yet.  Seems flat as hell to me.
I've smoked quite a bit of OGS and the perique was absent, as far as my tastebuds are concerned.

I've been without this baccy for a couple of months. Today I opened a fresh 100g tin and..... WOW!!! There it was  :cheers:  This smoke was much more enjoyable than the Escudo I'm also smoking now.

If I can be sure the taste of OGS will remain like this, I won't look at any other VaPer.

But, I can't fool myself. In time, my tastebuds will get used to the "new" OGS and I will be back to square one. Thank goodness for lots of VaPers.

idbowman":if3yow2a said:
I'm usually in the minority on this one, but I don't care for it.  It was a good amount of perique, for me, but I found the VAs to be very muted and flat...I found it to me muddy and kind of a non-event.  Just my $.02...which is probably only worth about $.01 in this case.
Gees, I don't know if I'd give ya anything for that sir. Free maybe?

Cartaphilus":rm22h3cf said:
idbowman":rm22h3cf said:
I'm usually in the minority on this one, but I don't care for it.  It was a good amount of perique, for me, but I found the VAs to be very muted and flat...I found it to me muddy and kind of a non-event.  Just my $.02...which is probably only worth about $.01 in this case.
Sold!

As far as OGS, I enjoy it quite a bit but I refuse to believe there's a single nanogram of perique in it. It's like smoking springtime - hay and fresh grass. I usually keep it well stocked for those days I just need a lighter, no-fuss kind of smoke.

idbowman":7u7araty said:
Cartaphilus":7u7araty said:
idbowman":7u7araty said:
Sold!

As far as OGS, I enjoy it quite a bit but I refuse to believe there's a single nanogram of perique in it.  It's like smoking springtime - hay and fresh grass.  I usually keep it well stocked for those days I just need a lighter, no-fuss kind of smoke.
I bet if you were to smoke a bowl of OGS and then a bowl of Dunhill Flake you'd see a difference. To me OGS is like DF with Perique.....that's a good thing.

idbowman":p7b2c41x said:
Cartaphilus":p7b2c41x said:
idbowman":p7b2c41x said:
Sold!

As far as OGS, I enjoy it quite a bit but I refuse to believe there's a single nanogram of perique in it.  It's like smoking springtime - hay and fresh grass.  I usually keep it well stocked for those days I just need a lighter, no-fuss kind of smoke.
That was my point exactly until I opened a fresh 100g tin yesterday.

I've tried it in 3 different pipes. You may believe it or you may not but there is more perique in my current OGS than in the Escudo that I've also got open at present. Lovely spicy, peppery taste from OGS !! Smoking some right now  :cheers: 

Bayou Morning takes a little getting used to, much like other C&D blends but they are most certainly worth becoming better acquainted with. I have found the C&D blends I have tried to be 'honest' smokes, more so than many of the other types of tobacco I have tried more recently, I adore many blends but can find some a little too, shall we say 'prepared' or 'pampered'. Bayou Morning I find it to be a very down to earth and honest blend, like a good friend, it takes time and effort for the bonding to become real strong but with that extra effort you'll find yourself with a true and faithful comrade.

I thank you my brothers for your feedback  :D  :cheers: 

I've ordered 4oz of BM to try. At present I'm enjoying Prairie Winds a lot. If BM is more or less similar to PW, I will go it 50/50 between them as my daily "bread and butter".

I've also ordered granulated perique from Rich to spice up some of my straight virginia blends. Never done this before, so it will be trial and error for me.

It has a little more nicotine in it that I would prefer. Not a knock you down amount, but enough that after a big bowl it has a noticeable effect on me.

Flavor wise its good. Not my favorite, but not bad by any means.

I would be happy to trade a few grams(USA normal envelope) to anyone that wants to try it.