C & D Bayou Morning

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes, Bayou Morning does have a nicotine kick. I hold myself to one bowl (first of day) when I enjoy it. C&D touts this as an all-day option - for stouter men than I.

I bought some Bayou Morning about a year ago and found it rather harsh: dry in the throat and somewhat bitter. So I jarred it up and forgot about it. I just opened it a week ago and it's wonderful! Much smoother to my taste, in taste and aroma.
So never give up on a tobacco, at least not a VA or VaPer. I was very pleased to find another to add to my list of excellent VaPers.
I will cast my vote for this blend being on the heavier nicotine side, in my experience. Also, does this contain burley? I have a very limited knowledge of burley flavors, but I taste a sort o bitter/sweet nuttiness in Bayou Morning.

SpeedyPete":tdsz4rt2 said:
I'm enjoying Prairie Wind a lot. If BM is more or less
similar to PW, I will go it 50/50 between them ...
Coincidentally, PW and Bayou Morning are both at the top of my list as well, though they are not alike ...

Bayou Morning was my first VaPer and what started me on the road to being a dedicated VaPerist. It is still my favorite.

Funny, but I don't consider it to be "mild", though it is sweet and flavorful.

Oldbear

This is a list of Virginia/Perique blends that was posted somewhere:

Here are some Perique Tobacco Blends recommended by our forum members:

Blakeney’s Best Acadian Ribbon (McClelland)
Mac Baren HH Acadian Perique
Ashton Artisan’s Blend
Frog Morton on the Bayou
Cool Hand Fluke John Patton
Cornell & Diehl Kajun Kake
Cornell & Diehl Mississippi Mud
G.L. Pease Samarra
James J. Fox Dorisco Mixture

To this I must add Anniversary Kake, one of my favorites; oh and don't forget C & D Night Train.

Please note that I often find the perique note a bit light and I frequently add more!

I am also eagerly awaiting my first tin of Escudo!

Oldbear

oldbear58":bn4l5rsd said:
Here are some Perique Tobacco Blends recommended by our forum members:
GLPease Samara also contains Latakia and Orientals and it is a predominantly Oriental blend ...

for a true VA/Per, I recommend his Telegraph Hill blend ... it's a VERY good VA/Per

BD, Was generous enough to send me a fairly good sample of Bayou Morning and I tried it today in a large bent General cob. Not much sent from the tobacco straight from the bag
(although I am suffering from a small head cold) It smoked very well but, did burn quickly and a bit hot in the cob. I thought it was fairly smooth with a good amount of Perique in it which was pleasing and I enjoyed the smoke. I'll try it again in a briar and see if it changes any and again when I shake this dadburn cold. :fpalm: 
Ya know, staying away from people as I do you wouldn't think I'd catch colds but, the old woman has been going out visiting and I think she's bringing them back to me. I reckon I'm gonna havta start hosing her down before she comes in the door for now on.  :suspect: