Had some of the "Unobtainiums" fave 'baccy

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thomas Tkach":66dmeg51 said:
What are you looking to add to your set-up, if I may ask?
Stainless 14.5 gallon conical fermenter, w/ thermostatic control.

DrumsAndBeer":60f7v8jt said:
Thomas Tkach":60f7v8jt said:
What are you looking to add to your set-up, if I may ask?
Stainless 14.5 gallon conical fermenter, w/ thermostatic control.
Nice! How much Penzance does that cost?

I'm brewing on the smaller, much more ghetto scale, but I'm pretty happy with what I've been able to accomplish with limited space and financial outlay. When I graduate and move, I'm hoping to step up to a large BIAB setup to maximize time and get a few dorm fridges with temp controllers for fermenting in my buckets. All I've currently got is a crappy scaled-down version of a SOF chiller with the STC-1000. Concials would be nice. Maybe some day...

Thomas Tkach":vg1a7apy said:

I'm brewing on the smaller, much more ghetto scale, but I'm pretty happy with what I've been able to accomplish with limited space and financial outlay. When I graduate and move, I'm hoping to step up to a large BIAB setup to maximize time and get a few dorm fridges with temp controllers for fermenting in my buckets. All I've currently got is a crappy scaled-down version of a SOF chiller with the STC-1000. Concials would be nice. Maybe some day...
Way more Penzance than I have, Hahaha..

In 2012, I had back surgery, so I need to avoid lifting containers filled with liquid. For the most part, the conical will get me away from having to do that.

I'll have a leg kit designed for it so I can open a valve and rack directly to a keg. Of course the conical can be cleaned from the top down and drained from the bottom, plus I typically harvest the yeast for a few batches and that too will be so much easier. Mostly I am looking forward to not having to run the extra refrigeration needed to keep fermentation temps constant. I had a great Danish made Master Built freezer fridge that finally gave up the ghost. It was wicked-bad on our power bills. So much so that I altogether stopped brewing in the summer months.

DrumsAndBeer":qarqn075 said:
Thomas Tkach":qarqn075 said:

Way more Penzance than I have, Hahaha..

In 2012, I had back surgery, so I need to avoid lifting containers filled with liquid. For the most part, the conical will get me away from having to do that.

I'll have a leg kit designed for it so I can open a valve and rack directly to a keg. Of course the conical can be cleaned from the top down and drained from the bottom, plus I typically harvest the yeast for a few batches and that too will be so much easier. Mostly I am looking forward to not having to run the extra refrigeration needed to keep fermentation temps constant. I had a great Danish made Master Built freezer fridge that finally gave up the ghost. It was wicked-bad on our power bills. So much so that I altogether stopped brewing in the summer months.    
Well congrats on that set-up! I'm just looking forward to not running ice bottles in and out of my ferm chamber!

DrumsAndBeer":sbaavn0k said:

Sounds like you have this well in hand Chris. Will you be running Propylene Glycol on the jacket for the ferm?

Cheers,

RR

Brewdude":1i7l4eot said:
DrumsAndBeer":1i7l4eot said:

Sounds like you have this well in hand Chris. Will you be running Propylene Glycol on the jacket for the ferm?

Cheers,

RR
Wait a minute! Why would he use goopy aro-sauce for brewing?!?! :lol!:

Thomas Tkach":athklvx9 said:
Brewdude":athklvx9 said:
DrumsAndBeer":athklvx9 said:

Cheers,

RR
Wait a minute! Why would he use goopy aro-sauce for brewing?!?! :lol!:

For the cooling jacket on the fermenter. But you probably know this.

Cheers,

RR

Brewdude":swbdi2q6 said:

Cheers,

RR
Yes sir, that's the plan.