I want to hear more more put downs of corncob pipes

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
None of us really see ourself as others see us. Likely a good thing. Some perspective…I haven’t had a complaint re member behavior in the last year…til now. You’ve caused four. So whatever you see yourself as doing, others see you differently.

And again…arguing with a moderator in the open forum is grounds for immediate banishment. Post with prudence.
Ok, I get it, no arguing with the moderator in the open. As far as complaints, if you would so kind as to send me a PM, with names of the offended, I will apologize to each one personally - and I' serious.

Ok, I get it, no arguing with the moderator in the open. As far as complaints, if you would so kind as to send me a PM, with names of the offended, I will apologize to each one personally - and I' serious.

I don't think its a very big deal.
It's the internet was invented so that people could talk with each other and put their foot in their mouths.
Don't worry too much about it.

You want a put down, I'll give you one. I WANT A VULCANITE STEM OPTION! Got in contact with MM and they said more or less no one likes Vulcanite, everyone loves Lucite don't bother us again you wingnut;). Vermont freehand has on their site Vulcanite stems coming soon, been saying that for two. three, or more Years now. Come on, :poop: or get off the pot. Lucite looks nice but I don't smoke any pipe for looks let alone MM. Love my cobbs, was all I smoked for the first 25-30 years only branch into Bryer and meerschaum 15-20 ago.
I took the first post as tongue and cheek, then I'm not as sensitive as some.
I love vulcanite, one of the reasons why 95% of my collection is estates. When I do buy newer pipes like the Savinelli Roma series I always get the Vulcanite stem instead of the Lucite. Has nothing to do with the price, I just like vulcanite better.

A quick look at my racks shows roughly 1/3 cobs, 1/3 meers and 1/3 briars. I find the cylinder bore of a cob an advantage for stuffing a folded flake.
Wouldn't it be better to make a positive contribution to the forum instead of a negative one?
Cobs are the only pipes to take fishing, sailing, camping, or otherwise roughing it.

A quick look at my racks shows roughly 1/3 cobs, 1/3 meers and 1/3 briars. I find the cylinder bore of a cob an advantage for stuffing a folded flake.
Wouldn't it be better to make a positive contribution to the forum instead of a negative one?
Cobs are the only pipes to take fishing, sailing, camping, or otherwise roughing it.

Hey, my name is still Bud. Why is my identification now only a question mark?