It's a living...

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Singed

DON'T PANIC!
B of B Supporter
Reaction score
A few shots of the course where I do my thing.

IMG_0515.JPG

IMG_0468.JPG

IMG_0453.JPG

IMG_0464.JPG

IMG_0466.JPG

That's my S. Patio/1st Tee display.

The displays remind me of the clubhouse at Carmel Valley Ranch. Strong, clean designs.

How potent are the marigolds when they bloom? Do you save flower heads/seeds to regrow?
The marigolds aren't overpowering, but when I deadhead them they are a valuable mosquito deterrent for the patio. It's a pity their scent doesn't do the same for wasps.
I do not save seed; without a greenhouse it isn't a financially viable production method. Our growing season is short and the temperature variance in spring and fall is too great for me to grow from seed. They are all transplants, by the time the soil temperature is high enough I can plant with the expectation of a reasonable display by July 1. Some of the accent plants in the beds are hardy perennials or shrubs. I select those to flower early and supplement the immature beds.

The marigolds aren't overpowering, but when I deadhead them they are a valuable mosquito deterrent for the patio. It's a pity their scent doesn't do the same for wasps.
I do not save seed; without a greenhouse it isn't a financially viable production method. Our growing season is short and the temperature variance in spring and fall is too great for me to grow from seed. They are all transplants, by the time the soil temperature is high enough I can plant with the expectation of a reasonable display by July 1. Some of the accent plants in the beds are hardy perennials or shrubs. I select those to flower early and supplement the immature beds.
Very nice plantings. You might try citrus oil for wasps. I used some diluted with water for carpenter bees, and it worked.