Mars cigars back in business

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Puff Daddy

Reaction score
They got a credit card processor. Via their Facebook page:

Finally, we have a credit card processor who is ok with our business products. Some new restrictions -- can no longer sell to several states, but other than that, everything is fine. It was a long journey. I hope to send out a newsletter soon with the full story. so if not signed up, please do so on our website.

Mike is THE.

Most knowledgeable.

Most accomodating.

Most work-with-customers inclined tobacconist in the US.

:face:

It may be that they cannot do credit card purchases on the internet to California....taxes and all. Try calling them and see if they will do business over the phone. :drunken:

I buy pounds of SG Best Brown from Mars but that is about it. I used to use them exclusively earlier this decade but his tin prices are now 20-30 percent higher than other places I buy. I am also not pleased at the price of St James flake being 9 dollars higher a pound than the Best Brown.

Rob in Mo, how can you see what browser and ISP I am using? Are you running some type of spy ware?

cigrmaster":1pnl71ns said:
Rob in Mo, how can you see what browser and ISP I am using? Are you running some type of spy ware?
Click on the ISP message. It will take you to the widget.

Slide":80poxc4x said:
cigrmaster":80poxc4x said:
Click on the ISP message. It will take you to the widget.
He can't see a pickin' thing.

cigrmaster":zfvg91qm said:
Actually, I can't. The only one that sees it is you. Basically it telling you what your system is running - kinda like a joke. The only thing I see is what I'm running when I look at the banner - it doesn't show what anyone else is running.

If you click on the banner it takes you to the Danasoft Website where it explains more, and even how to make your own custom sign.

I made a very modest order with 'em to help get things rolling again... just had to. Tin of Wessex Brigade Campaign Dark Flake (never tried that one before, why not?) and a Natural Freehand Cob. Mars is my go-to cob peddler, and I needed a holiday pick-me-up. Meh. Bleak holidays. This'll warm it all up, and keeps good people in business.

Plus, they ship to Nevada. Sorry, guys. :lol:

8)

rob, thanks for the explanation, that was pretty weird seeing my isp and browser.

One thing to bear in mind...

Mars is a one man show. It's not a store with a multitude of employee. He doesn't have a warehouse stacked with 10,000 tins.
He answers the complaints himself.. when something messes up your dealing with The Guy.

He has in the past made special orders for bob to acquire non imported and border line impossible to find weed.

He does this out of love of the hobby, not as a profit generator.
If his price is a bit higher its due to not selling 500-1000 tins per month and the wholesale discount that goes along with that.

Considering he sells his MM cobs at a price lower than anyone else, even MM company itself, he's doing something right. I'll spend the extra buck or two per tin to keep him going. My only issue is he often doesn't have the endless stock like others, and certain pipeweeds can be unavailable for a while.

I didn't know it was just him--I figured it was a small enterprise, but that's small indeed. Good on him.

8)

His customer service has always been excellent for me. Bulk blends always weigh a little more than what I paid for.

Nice touch to combat scale differences.