New Additions...

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jacko

Reaction score
Three new additions added this week. I'm a big fan of Jacono pipes, the few I have have been wonderfully crafted.

Jacono Knight
Pipes2011002sm.jpg

Pipes2011003sm.jpg

Kevin Arthur
Pipes2011004sm.jpg

Pipes2011005sm.jpg

Ardor Meteora
Pipes2011006sm.jpg

Pipes2011007sm.jpg

I like all three pipes, but the Tonino Jacono is special: great fninish and shape on a very nice bowl. It´s not often, that I find Jaconos pipes that plain and beautiful.

Congratulations and kind regards
Thilo

Beautiful pipes. I'm a big fan of Italian pipes and these certainly are gems. Never had a Kevin Arthur, but you can see the craftmanship in this piece of briar.

Congratulations and happy smoking!

All three of those are beauties but that Kevin Arthur really got my attention. Lovely and graceful. Is that olivewood on the stem??

Love the Ardor Meteora. I can imagine smoking that while listening to "Pictures at an Exhibition", because that's what it reminds me of.

Steve

sstodvictory":pr3f69to said:
[…] I can imagine smoking that while listening to "Pictures at an Exhibition", because that's what it reminds me of. […]
Great suggestion, Steve - and yes, this looks like a pipe, I would smoke on a vernissage for example. The longer I look at this piece, the more I like it.

Kind regards
Thilo

The Ardor was a steal on eBay @ $150. The auction was trending low and I knew it could be had for sub $175. The Meteora is my favorite finish from Ardor's and there is something to be said about the finish on the simplicity of the Canadian shape. I like Ardor but I find most of their stuff over the top.

I'm very happy with the Kevin Arthur pipe. Excellent smoking, beautiful finish. I will definitely look to buy another one of his in the future. I really enjoy the uncoated bowls.

One of my first few eBay pipes was an estate Jacono which sat at the back of my pipe rack for a few years for no reason other than being a straight pot and I was going through a bent phase. When I was overhauling my collection I took a careful look at the pipe and smoked a few bowls and was blown away with the level of craftsmanship so I had to find another to see if the one I owned was a fluke and I'm happy to report that it wasn't. Its easy to tell they have been make by the hands of a perfectionist.

I am unfamiliar with Jacono pipes, but your example is truly beautiful. Many happy smokes!

I love them all but lean more towards the Jacono Knight, how long is it? almost looks like a nose warmer.

Great pipe selection. The more I collect the more I have gravitated towards the old classical shapes. The Ardor is reminiscent of a Castello 33 shape and is really nice. The sandblast finish on the Kevin Arthur pipe and the design looks super. Congrats on some fine choices.