pipereviews.org

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mr. E
I saw that you requested an account. I actived it, although I am going to set it up for self-registration and verification through email. Thanks to your feedback I'm completely reworking the indexing system.

You helped me figure out a better way to index and structure the database, so I appreciate it.

I think I'm getting closer to a working model that will be intuitive.

Thanks,

Martin

Site down for new install and configuration. :) Just thought I'd better post this in case someone tried the links above.

Martin

Hi. I think the site looks great and is really well configured.

After signing in and posting a review, I have a few thoughts for you.

1. It'd be nice to be able to preview your post before you finalize it to get an idea of what the whole thing will look like.

2. After submitting my review, it was not listed in my account or on the website. If it is being held for moderation, I don't recall anything letting me know that it wouldn't post immediately. It'd be nice to know if the reviews will post immediately or will be moderated first.

3. After submitting, I tried to navigate to the review through the drop down menu on the left hand side of the screen and was surprised to see another review form. I think it would be nice to be able to navigate reviews while logged in on the site.

Sorry if I'm getting ahead of you on any of this. I know the site is still in production, but I thought I'd give it a shot.

I hope this feedback is helpful. Overall, the site looks great and I think that you are doing a lot of great work on a site that will be extremely useful once it's up and fully functional.

Hey UberHuberMan - this is a limitation of using prebuilt modules with the Drupal CMS. Your content posts immediately, and can be viewed under "Results." :) I had another way of showing the reviews, versus a single interface for submitting a review and seeing the review. I've gotten a few responses which make me realize that this isn't working the way I want it to. I have a way of fixing it, but it'll take time. :)

Right now I'm trying to figure out a way to batch edit everything, but I haven't had a lot of luck. When I was first building the site, I was "tagging" every form so that I could display things anyway I wanted to. It looks like I'll need to do that after all.

Thanks for your feedback, and it looks like I'll need to go and work on that part of the site.

I appreciate your feedback.

Martin

a thank you for taking on this project--i know its a bunch of work but will provide very useful info for pipe smokers of all experience levels.

Thanks for the nice post. I am still working on it, and took a few days off from the work for a little vacation to the NC mountains. Asheville is nice, but I couldn't fine a pipe shop anywhere. :(

Martin