Pipeworks & Wilke

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Kyle Weiss":7a7siv1h said:
Bleeker Street: The "Danish Thrift" got pulled out of the rack this time, I just polished the stem on it so shiny and black, it practically doesn't reflect light--my final initial test of Pipeworks & Wilke stuff, the solid aromatic I chose. One thing has occurred to me with aromatics: there's really good ones made from good tobacco and casings (or mixed of such things) and there's aromatics that only stand by flavoring alone. I've had three Pipeworks & Wilke aromatic blends now, and while different, I can tell it's the tobacco that differentiates them rather than the flavors exclusively. The flavors add accents rather than take over the whole situation--which I like! Bleeker Street is said to be "...an exotic blend of Virginias and a unique Black Cavendish which is mixed with the flavors of honey and nuts..." and I cannot disagree. A drier smoke than most aromatics (thank goodness), the Virginia in it comes out light and bright, with the Black Cavendish playing like a subtle muted jazz horn in the back. There's a blueberry tartness in the aftertaste and nose, making this like a "light cobbler" experience (which goes for the room note opinions, too). Sweet factor is a 4 (on 1 - 10 scale), nuttiness a 3 (1 - 10 again) and all with a good presence. This is a much more dynamic blend (as compared to the 191) likely because the fewer ingredients lend well to speak for themselves. Just about the maximum end of the sweet spectrum I can handle and still say I'd get it again--very much a good, simple and sophisticated aromatic.
This is my favorite aromatic...it's like no other that I've tried. Since 1973, I have left very few tobacco stones unturned...very high quality tobacco and a taste that I can't decide upon???...unique.

sand18f":y1tsbaqd said:
This is my favorite aromatic...it's like no other that I've tried. Since 1973, I have left very few tobacco stones unturned...very high quality tobacco and a taste that I can't decide upon???...unique.
:cheers: :cheers: I just tried P&W on a whim--I guess my gut instincts were good! I've coveted every bit of my sampler pack and have no qualms about getting pounds of their stuff, whatever that may be. 8)

Looks like I may pick your brain once in a while if I need a tobacco suggestion...trying to find out who has a similar palette to myself! 8)

Kyle Weiss":l1orm7vk said:
sand18f":l1orm7vk said:
:cheers: :cheers: I just tried P&W on a whim--I guess my gut instincts were good! I've coveted every bit of my sampler pack and have no qualms about getting pounds of their stuff, whatever that may be. 8)

Looks like I may pick your brain once in a while if I need a tobacco suggestion...trying to find out who has a similar palette to myself! 8)
It sure won' take long. :)

sand18f":ipvx6uev said:
Kyle Weiss":ipvx6uev said:
sand18f":ipvx6uev said:

It sure won' take long. :)
:lol: S'okay, my "room's a mess," I pity anyone that has to go in there. 8)