Sh*t Just Got Real

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

Anonymous

I'm down to 4 more smokes from my bulk FVF. I may... I may have to break into my tins.

That was difficult to type. I hope the 250g boxes get back into stock or at least some bulks.

Maybe it's just me but FVF seems a heck of a lot more available that it was last year. Unlike Germain, Sammy Gawith seems to actually be responding to the demand for a few of their products.

If people wouldn't buy 12 pounds of it a time it might be more available. I couldn't believe the post from Mars where a guy wanted 13 boxes of a hard to get smoke.

I bought ten tins from JR as it was available. Bought 8 lbs from 2 or 3 other vendors within 24 hours.

All's fair in love and tobacco.

alfredo_buscatti":4f8rx9mc said:
All's fair in love and tobacco.
Kind of what I was thinking.

Buying them to resale at a higher price would disturb me. But not building your cellar.

I just recently tried SG FVF, I received it as a sample on a pipe purchase. I have to say I like it.

Alfredo,
One day I hope to meet you in person.
Because
1)when you tell me you just bought 8 lbs of FVF (when I can't find any) and then
2) I look at your avatar,
I really want to punch you. But it's tough to figure out exactly why. I think meeting you would clear that up for me.

mattia76":ftm76cwr said:
Alfredo,
One day I hope to meet you in person.
Because
... and then
2) I look at your avatar,
I really want to punch you. But it's tough to figure out exactly why. I think meeting you would clear that up for me.
Too funny...that avatar has been disturbing me ever since alfredo changed it. I can't decide if I love or hate it for it, but gotta give the man props for something certainly stimulating!! No punching required :afro:

DrumsAndBeer":si2sfvkj said:
Maybe it's just me but FVF seems a heck of a lot more available that it was last year. Unlike Germain, Sammy Gawith seems to actually be responding to the demand for a few of their products.
Seriously. I've been wanting to order some Germain tobacco.

gravel":um637rup said:
DrumsAndBeer":um637rup said:
What are you looking for?

While you're waiting, I'd suggest you look into GLP's Union Square.

It's NOT a similar replacement.

What it is is dead straight Virginias, played straight. No Burley in the basement, no top dressing, no steam pressing, no nothing.

New, it's very subtle stuff. But definitely intriguing when you're used to Virginias being in your face (BBF/FVF with 2+ years on them), sugar bombs (McClelland anything), Virgina with candy flavoring, &c.

For that matter, I found it to be a "this end is the hole in the ground" introduction to what Virginia pipe tobacco IS. And I'd smoked pressed flakes, off and on, for 20+ years.

Similarly, Embarcadero. Another subtle delight you'll have to adjust to relate to. A hint of Izmir in that one changes its complexion astonishingly.

Then there's Laurel Heights if you like ribbon cut . . .

By the time FVF comes back around and you've given it enough aging time to be worth smoking, you may find that your tastes have changed a bit. And for the better.

FWIW

:face:
FAN BOY

Harlock999":9oyb2x90 said:
gravel":9oyb2x90 said:
DrumsAndBeer":9oyb2x90 said:
What are you looking for?
Brown. I wanted to try it. Naturally Stonehaven, but that isn't branded Germain.