Tetrad of White Bar pots

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sstodvictory

Reaction score
...at least I think they're pots. Maybe they're fat billiards?

Some time ago I took an Ebay chance on these four Wally Frank White Bars. Someone had heated the stems and bent the four of them sharply with pliers - about like in the first photo. There were tool marks impressed in the rubber, plus the usual dirt and oxidation. The pipes were restored at my local B&M. They draw openly and the stems feel strong - time will tell. Both of the "245" pipes have "PARA" etched in the stem. None of my other White Bars have that. Anyone understand what that means? Note also the different stem taper on "21" compared to the others. Pipe "695" has putty fills, which again is a first for me regarding White Bars.

Hope you enjoy these photos. The pipe I call "245 one" is especially a gem. There are lots more photos of these pipes here:

http://www.stevesite.us/images/pipes/wallyfrank/a_tetrad_of_white_bar_pots/

original_condition_bent_stems.jpg

All_four_lineup_left_sides_1.jpg

All_four_lineup_right_side_2.jpg

245_PARA_one_1.jpg

245_PARA_one_2.jpg

245_PARA_one_3.jpg

245_PARA_one_6.jpg

Nice! The grain variations really make them unique- especially being the same model.

Tetrad. I like it!

I´d say "quartet" cuz I´m a musician... :lol!: :lol!:

The one with all the birdseye is making me jealous! The photos are top notch, and making me jealous as well.

Beautiful pipes indeed! These all get my vote for the "pot" designation. ;)

Maybe PARA stands for "Pot Are Really Awesome"?

Because those pots are really awesome.

Wow! That's some pecky birds right there! Peck your eyes out if you stare long enough (almost happened to me, I tell ya)!

Good choice mate! And the photographs are nice as well. I never seem to get anywhere near as good contrast with the lowly little Canon I have at hand at the campus. Very nice indeed!

About the photographs, under that sheepskin pad is the steering wheel of my car. I park at some angle to the sun that makes for indirect lighting, or else choose an overcast day, then drape the pad between my torso and the steering wheel and shoot away. Having this neutral background helps, and a 0.5x screw-on closeup lens doesn't hurt either.

Steve

Ha! I would never have thought! :p

Somebody crouching outside the frame balancing between a sheepskin and a steering wheel is not exactly what comes to mind by looking at the quality of the shots.

Nice work!