The pipe you most reach for?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I recently acquired a flawless Wiley 1/2 Bent Dublin in a blonde finish with a an amber tone acrylic stem that has become my pride and joy. I still give everything in the stable a good ride but this Wiley is just superb. The pipe is a great smoker and the briar is sweet. It is an estate pipe but was in perfect condition. Like a few other folks have mentioned I do have favorite pipes for favorite tobaccos. I have a weathered Peterson Pre-republic bulldog with a tapered bowl that I reach for if I am in the mood for Irish Flake and particularly beautiful Mayfair apple that loves Virginias and a generous Caminetto Business 119 KS that loves English Blends.

s.ireland and his brilliant pipes...weak in the knees again... nice ones, sir. 8)

I reach for a cheap basket pipe most often. It gurgles and I don't clean it like I should. My nice pipes only get occasional use. Maybe it is a disorder I have. I also drive a beater and leave a nice shiny convertible in the garage for the occasional weekend drive.

For flakes, Cavicchi tomato lovat, everything is right with it and its small bowl gives me the right smoking time.
Vapers, a tossup between my Baki lovat and Cavicchi Dublin, heavier Perique blends go in the Dublin.
Burley winds up in a Stanwell 124 revival.
I smoke an Aromatic once in a while and use a cob.

For me this weekends favorite is my DB and some Squadron leader.

Some times I feel nostalgic and break out the older english briars from the 50 and 60's, and other times

the larger heavier free hands and sitters with a few still in the draw un-smoked.

When I have the time to sit still and indulge I break out the meerschaums for a turn.

I luv every one's pipe pictures and rotations, It's what our forum is all about.

Happy Holidays, John. :santa: