This guy is having a memorable winter, eh?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That is one determined car owner.

I just returned from a three-day auto tour of the Illinois and upper Mississippi river valleys, for pleasure. There was a fresh, light snowfall and the backroads and scenery along the rivers and flanking hills was enchanting.

It is my favorite pleasure drive in my part in the country - the region of NW IL, NE IA, SE MN and SW WI - called 'the driftless zone' by geologists because the Illinoisan and Wisconsin glaciations skirted the area due to localized uplift. Consequently the valleys there are not filled in with glacial till like the surrounding upper midwest.

Steve

Looks like the parking lots in Syracuse around February. They keep ploughing/hi-lifting the snow around the edges to clear the parking spaces. By the end of winter, they're piled about that high.

:face:

Heard on the radio this morning snow in 49 states...all but Florida.

Yak":zig3ql4d said:
Looks like the parking lots in Syracuse around February. They keep ploughing/hi-lifting the snow around the edges to clear the parking spaces. By the end of winter, they're piled about that high.

:face:
I have to agree with that!