Trying to find literature, and pipe shops.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

christeaux

Reaction score
I am relatively new to pipe smoking, and I have been looking for literature and pipe shops in my area. I have Rare Smoke, and a 21st century guide to pipe smoking. And the closest shop I can find is Davis and Sons which is two and a half hours away. I live in New Bern NC if any one knows of any places near by.

Pipe shops are hard to find with the preference of Cigars by Americans these days. Online is going to be your best bet for quality tobaccos. You can find some good information on Greg Pease's site at GLPease.com, he's one of the top blenders these days and pops on up the forum here.

Don't know of anything right in your are, but there's McCranies in NC and I believe, Smoking pipes in SC, Little river (?) I think. For tobacco, I believe there's a couple of JR's in the Charlotte ares. Check with the public library for smoking and tobacco literature then Amazon.com

ZeroContent":cuxm501b said:
You can find some good information on Greg Pease's site at GLPease.com, he's one of the top blenders these days and pops on up the forum here.
+1,000 to this. Greg's writing is awesome.

Hi Chris,

If you ever find yourself in Raleigh, there is an excellent pipe shop called Pipes by George (Raleigh, NC). I had the pleasure of buying my first Savinelli from George over the Thanksgiving Holiday. He has a fine shop, loves to talk about pipes and makes you feel very comfortable. I plan on making it a yearly ritual of buying a pipe from him when I visit my family over the holidays. Hope this helped.

I would target major metropolitan coastal areas like Charleston and Savannah. Unfortunately, I can't get give you a name.

Have you checked out the links section of BoB?
Lots of information on pipes and pipe shops here--
https://www.brothersofbriar.com/f8-links

Jim

Greensboro is 4-5 hours away from New Bern. The Pipe and Pint is an awesome shop, and is my B&M, but it could best be reached by this member by plane!