Well howdy from PA Dutch Country

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I'm a refugee, now immigrant from the long defunct Christian Pipe Smokers Forum, (CPS). I'm looking to re-establish contact with other immigrants from CPS and meet new folks on Brothers of Briar.
I smoke both briar, meerschaum, and MM corncob pipes - most of my briars were given me as gifts from fellas on CPS, (How generous they were!), as I became re-acquainted with pipe smoking. They were a wonderful group of guys,(and gals). They came up with my screenname. I'm an aro guy, but do venture into mild english/oriental 'baccy. I smoke hand rolled cigars too, if I can get them less than $2 a stick.
Now I look forward to meeting new folks on Brothers of Briar!
Peter T

Welcome to the group! I smoke mainly MM cobs and don't have a problem with the plastic stems. I replace all the bent filtered stems with straight amber Danish bits. I smooth out the seams and clean up the button. Once fitted to a pipe I heat the stemvin near boiling water and bend them gently to fit the pipe.

Welcome to the group.

The BoB forum history takes us back to what was once the Knoxville Cigar Forum. Not sure where that post is about our history. Some of these guys go back to the old usenet groups. Activity is up and down. New members are welcome.

Hey Peter welcome mate great to have you with us. I love the cobs aros and mild english also. (y)
Hey Mike,
I've got a childhood friend I've known for 50 years living in Marrickville, a suburb of Sydney. He's italian and immigrated to AUS when his company transferred him there, living there 20+years, now retired. He definitely fits right in with the laid back Aussie lifestyle. Speaks a mixture of British English with hints of Italian, all wrapped up in Australian English. Dude visits his family's ancestral estate in Italy couple times a year.

Hey Mike,
I've got a childhood friend I've known for 50 years living in Marrickville, a suburb of Sydney. He's italian and immigrated to AUS when his company transferred him there, living there 20+years, now retired. He definitely fits right in with the laid back Aussie lifestyle. Speaks a mixture of British English with hints of Italian, all wrapped up in Australian English. Dude visits his family's ancestral estate in Italy couple times a year.
Awesome peter, I worked down in Sydney for 7 years. My 2 I.C. was a maltase lad and his mum would make the best rabbit stew I have ever had as she knew I was a hunter and its like there national dish. Got another italian mate that I usually go around to his place for xmas, with all his relative's its like a big hug as soon as I walk in. (y)

Welcome Peter

I lived in Marrickville 25 years ago when my daughter was born. Lots of good food from many cultures there. It used to be cheap to buy there 40 years ago and many new immigrants took to the area blessing us with their yummy culture.