Wessex Brown VA Flake

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
What's the intel on this? I've read the review site comments, but would appreciate the brothers here chiming in. Looks like something I might be interested in since I'm a big VA flake guy. Yet if it's much the same as others I have then what's the point?

No this is not a mooch. Just want some feedback.

TIA

Cheers,

RR

I find it very similar to others - no topping that I detect, but I find it somewhat stronger than the average VA. I tried it but probably won't buy it again.

I have a large amount of Wessex Brown in my cellar and it is part of my regular rotation. I find it to be a great tasting, sweet flake that has darker flavors than say the gold virginia forward flakes like Dunhill Flake or Wessex Gold. It is similar to Astleys no 44 in my opinion. It is definitely high quality tobacco and should age very well. There is a reason it gets 4 stars at TR.

cigrmaster":73o2jl09 said:
I have a large amount of Wessex Brown in my cellar and it is part of my regular rotation. I find it to be a great tasting, sweet flake that has darker flavors than say the gold virginia forward flakes like Dunhill Flake or Wessex Gold.  It is similar to Astleys no 44 in my opinion. It is definitely high quality tobacco and should age very well.  There is a reason it gets 4 stars at TR.
This was very helpful. Thanks.

Cheers,

RR

RR, you are welcome, glad I could help. Let us know if you grab some and your thoughts on it. It has been available recently for the first time in a while. Both Sp and PC have it at the same time and that has not been the case for well over 8 months.

cigrmaster":3pumzn3x said:
RR, you are welcome, glad I could help. Let us know if you grab some and your thoughts on it. It has been available recently for the first time in a while. Both Sp and PC have it at the same time and that has not been the case for well over 8 months.  
When I do I'll certainly do just that. Your tastes and mine on VA flakes seem to be similar so I value your input.

Thanks again Harris.

Cheers,

RR

RR, since we have similar tastes, I highly recommend you throw a tin of Brigham Klondike Gold on to your order. It is my favorite new flake and the beauty of it is that is has been aged 2-3 years in the tin already. It is a very nice sweet flake that is similar to Capstan Blue, F&T Cut Virginia Plug and Dunhill flake. It is all gold and orange Virginia's and you can really taste the fact it has been aged, wonderful stuff.

cigrmaster":1oems2ka said:
RR, since we have similar tastes, I highly recommend you throw a tin of Brigham Klondike Gold on to your order. It is my favorite new flake and the beauty of it is that is has been aged 2-3 years in the tin already. It is a very nice sweet flake that is similar to Capstan Blue, F&T Cut Virginia Plug and Dunhill flake. It is all gold and orange Virginia's and you can really taste the fact it has been aged, wonderful stuff.
Duly noted Harris. Thanks amigo!

:D 

Cheers,

RR