What Are You Smoking Pages.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had my AF military retirees (The Happy Hooligans) breakfast this morning just in time for lunch. Good seeing so my of my veteran colleagues
Sav Oil TReatment 2 (1).jpg
Sav Oil Treatment 3.jpg
. I am posting a few picks of my oil treatment of my Sav deLux 804EX. I smoked it last night it was finally a sweet smoke. Smoking it now with Solani Silver Flake Blend 660 vintage 2011 and the pipe is now a sweet smoke. Cooked it in increments of 45 sec. to one minute, which boils the Walnut oil for several hours while I watched Gun Smoke on the kitchen TV. I reamed the pipe down to wood and plugged the shank with a dowel. When done, I let the pipe cool and wiped it down with paper towels and pipe cleaners. So far, so good. I will let you know if it goes back to its cantankerous self.

Back from serving lunch for homeless vets. When I got there the CEO of USVets was giving a talk to the employees. Man does that guy love to hear himself talk. Typical bureaucrat, lol
Went 10 minutes over his allowed time so by the time he shut up and I was able to start serving there were already 20 guys in line for chow. But I got through it and gave all the guys an extra helping. Not their fault the guy is a windbag. Now home and having my own Trail Boss in a Pete Derry Rustic bent apple with military mount and orange spice tea.

Good Afternoon my friends and fellow BoBs 😊.
A bit chillier in Ye merry olde England, than it was yesterday, but another bright day. I'm about to fill a Parker Rhodesian with a copious amount of St.Bruno as I continue to listen to the life of Al Capone on Audible. I don't know how I would have dealt with prohibition, maybe I'd have to become a moonshiner 🤣.
Have a great day my friends 😊 View attachment 16370
Are you a St Bruno Ready rubbed or Flake man? I have a jar of each.

Back on the bluff checking out the road and seeing how warm an old vintage NZ made Swanndri Ranger wool shirt feels- it's pretty good at 60 F with just a t-shirt. Having a bowl of 2022 KBV Mr Christians Brown Flek in a C91 Briarworks crimson blast with acrylic amber stem. This blend is really growing in me, but almost out.
20240307_164855.jpg

Back on the bluff checking out the road and seeing how warm an old vintage NZ made Swanndri Ranger wool shirt feels- it's pretty good at 60 F with just a t-shirt. Having a bowl of 2022 KBV Mr Christians Brown Flek in a C91 Briarworks crimson blast with acrylic amber stem.
I know I've said it before but I love this pipe Swede. If ever you tire of it I will give it a good home.

My first pipe today, I haven't been myself for a few days. I'm anxious to get the season started, the snow storm we just had isn't reassuring me.

I'm having Old Professor in my Cobbler, a nice relaxed smoke. Dinner to follow, roasted beef with potatoes and onions, the carrots I would have had were too long in storage, I may heat up some green peas.

Attachments

• Cobbler.jpg
    Cobbler.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0