What Are You Smoking Pages.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A third of a bowl left of this bowl of Ken Byron Ventures Mr. Christian’s Brown Flek 2021 in a 1984 smooth brown full bend Peterson Mark Twain military mount egg with a silver cap and tapered black vulcanite p-lip stem. Community Coffee, neat, is my drink. Here's a few pics of one of the orange tabbies, who is still by my side, although the shy one and long tail are, too. It's a tight squeeze, and they are laying on each other.
View attachment 18560
View attachment 18561View attachment 18562
View attachment 18563View attachment 18565
Jim, you're gonna run out of lap soon.

Enjoyed a tasty golden delicious apple, and am a third of the way through this bowl of year 2013 Stonehaven in a straight black sandblasted 1957 Barling Exel 249 Fossil T.V.F. black billiard with a silver banded military mount and a black ebonite tapered stem.
Barling_249.jpg

Now smoking year 2014 Dunhill Flake in a straight smooth dark brown 1916 Barling The Hunt with beautiful silver work and a black vulcanite saddle stem with an orific bit. Watching a Gene Autry movie. Ice water and bergs is my drink.
Barling_Hunter_1.jpg

Just finished cleaning a few pipes, and smoked a bowl of year 2002 F&T Cut Virginia Plug in a straight black sandblasted WW2 Barling’s Make SS billiard with a black tapered vulcanite stem. Haven't smoked this pipe in a while, but I figured I'd smoke a few Barlings.
Barling_SS.jpg

A third of a bowl left of Wilke No. 515 Double Shot in a smooth dark medium bend 2021 Peterson Heritage Brown POTY 4AB No. 45/500 military mount with a silver cap and a tapered black vulcanite AB stem. This is No. 515 with twice the rum of the Basil Rathbone blend. Read baseball box scores, fed my cats, and all the ferals except for Harry the Hairy, who was here earlier. I'll end the day with this smoke.
4AB_Brown-left.jpg

Molly Danger was hungry, but afraid to leave the bedroom go to the kitchen because Sam the Scamper has been exceptionally aggressive towards the other cats. Sam was always a shrinking violet until she had her babies, so her attitude change is understandable. Molly has always been the nervous type, and all the drama and fear associated with the scampers has worn her down to the point that she hides under the bed most of the time. M'lady shut Sam up in the back bathroom, and I brought Molly upfront to eat. I'm staying with her for a while, and with Sleepy Suzy, too, so Molly will feel some security. We're going to have to spend more time with her until we can find homes for the scampers and get Sam spayed. Once that happens, Sam will go back outside as she had been before. Sure wish we could find a home for Sam. Anyway, I'm half way through this bowl of Peretti Royal in a black sandblasted medium bend 2013 Mark Tinsky Coral 5 cherrywood with a smooth dark brown shank and bottom with a tapered black briar accented acrylic stem. Suzy's by my side, and I'm watching Death Valley Days.
Tinsky_Cherrywood.jpg

Enjoyed a tasty golden delicious apple, and am a third of the way through this bowl of year 2013 Stonehaven in a straight black sandblasted 1957 Barling Exel 249 Fossil T.V.F. black billiard with a silver banded military mount and a black ebonite tapered stem.
View attachment 18566

View attachment 18567

View attachment 18568
The orange kittens are like Huey, Dewey, and Louie...a posse of ruffians. Short-tail is a trooper to take them all on.

Not far from finishing this bowl of year 2014 Edgeworth Ready Rubbed Match in a dark brown medium bend grain etched 1970s Preben Holm Ben Wade Prominence B freehand with a black vulcanite stem. Going to try sleeping once this bowl is finished. Molly's settled down, now.
Preben Holm Ben Wade Prominence B.jpg

Trying to get in a bowl before heading out to the ranch to tend to Cochise. Urban Cowboy in a Pete system B42 smooth bent apple with morning CR coffee. Jim, don't know how you keep up. Trying to feed our 4 is a chore. Also getting them situated on the bed at night, lol.

Attachments

• Resized_20240510_153802_1715381665240.jpeg
    Resized_20240510_153802_1715381665240.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 0
Barely slept. Two of the orange tabbies decided to sleep with me, and I dozed off with them by my side. After a while, momma Sam got jealous, and laid next to me so they - and I - would pay attention to her. I started to doze off again when the two tabbies started fighting. The other scampers heard the commotion, and in seconds, all five were using my body as their battleground. Sam must have enough because she jumped off the bed. I gave up, too, so I'm up and smoking pre-2014 Edward G. Robinson's Pipe Blend in a 2014 Basil Meadows smooth slight bend squashed tomato with an aluminum band and a black pearl acrylic stem in the military mount style.
Basil_squashed_ tomato copy.jpg

Smoked a bowl of Peter Stokkebye 400 Luxury Navy Flake on my walk to the post office this morning and then had a nice conversation about the aurora with my neighbor. I didn't like this blend when I first tried it and the fact that is was a pleasant smoke this time tells me that im working through my newness. It had a hay taste with a little sourness, plus the perique spice, ending in the sweetness of the virginia which all combined on my palate into a taste a little reminiscent of plumeria flower perfume that smells distantly soapy. That's not what other reviewers online have said they taste, but my possibly ill functioning tongue liked it all right. Very relaxing to sit with.
Jimlnks, good luck herding those cats. Nobody is more qualified than the hero of Tobaccoreviews.com

Smoked a bowl of Peter Stokkebye 400 Luxury Navy Flake on my walk to the post office this morning and then had a nice conversation about the aurora with my neighbor. I didn't like this blend when I first tried it and the fact that is was a pleasant smoke this time tells me that im working through my newness. It had a hay taste with a little sourness, plus the perique spice, ending in the sweetness of the virginia which all combined on my palate into a taste a little reminiscent of plumeria flower perfume that smells distantly soapy. That's not what other reviewers online have said they taste, but my possibly ill functioning tongue liked it all right. Very relaxing to sit with.
Jimlnks, good luck herding those cats. Nobody is more qualified than the hero of Tobaccoreviews.com

Thank you. It is a tad floral due to the use of the bright Virginias. Btw, age is very kind to this blend.

Enjoyed four egg, ham and cheese sandwiches with a big and tasty golden delicious apple for lunch. I've passed the half way mark of this bowl of year 2021 Erik Stokkebye 4th Generation Evening Flake in a smooth medium bend 2021 Peterson Ebony POTY 4AB No. 422/500 military mount with a silver cap and a tapered black vulcanite AB stem. Gold Star Hawaiian Kona Extra Fancy, neat, is my drink.
4AB_Ebony.jpg