What Are You Smoking Pages.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Going to stay below 90 F today, so have pine straw bales to spread in the landscape. Having a bowl of Bluff Blend in an MM old beat up cob. My wife and I celebrate 39 years of marriage today, and when I look at her, she is still like a precious jewel in my eyes. Have a great day BoB's, and @Singed I am praying for better weather for you. You truly recognized and wrote about how tenuous things are for farmers or anyone that works with plants and even livestock.

My wife and I celebrate 39 years of marriage today, and when I look at her, she is still like a precious jewel in my eyes.
Congratulations and Happy Anniversary Buddy, have a special and awesome day.
marriage-anniversary-wishes-to-friend-1.jpg

Going to stay below 90 F today, so have pine straw bales to spread in the landscape. Having a bowl of Bluff Blend in an MM old beat up cob. My wife and I celebrate 39 years of marriage today, and when I look at her, she is still like a precious jewel in my eyes. Have a great day BoB's, and @Singed I am praying for better weather for you. You truly recognized and wrote about how tenuous things are for farmers or anyone that works with plants and even livestock.
Congratulations @Swede to you and your wife!

Been an interesting four day weekend so far. Started prepping Wednesday morning for the happy onslaught of kids, their spouses, and grand-babies (one mobile, one cooking). With several cleaning activities going on at once, power went out at 8:45 AM. Tried to ride it out Little House on the Prairie style for a bit, but then our oldest son's in-laws invited us over to their (much bigger) house. They only live 20 minutes away, so we packed up all our food, redirected the happy onslaught, and brought it there. Had a grand time and had a bowl of Peterson's Standard Mixture* in my Peterson Heritage 306 while the FiL operated the grill.

The outage lasted from 8:45 to about 17:15.

Yesterday my wife and I took a 1 hour drive to the nearest Mazda dealer so we could get an electrical problem diagnosed. They said that the problem was in the headlights, and they wanted $5,400 to fix it. I looked up the parts online and I think I could get everything for about $350. And it's just headlight stuff so I think I could actually do it all myself. My daughter, who is a mechanic for one of their sister dealerships said that that was the "we don't really want to fix this car" price. Fortunately, they also didn't charge me for the diagnosis. Oh, and by the way, I think we paid about $5,400 for the car!

Today, working on house projects, and taking a break right now with my brand new Peterson 303 and some Standard Mixture to break it in.

(* a.k.a. "my most hated tobacco," but that's a story for a different thread...)

Almost half way through this bowl of pre-2014 Edward G. Robinson's Pipe Blend in a 2014 Basil Meadows smooth slight bend squashed tomato with an aluminum band and a black pearl acrylic stem in the military mount style. Ice water and bergs is my drink.
Basil_squashed_ tomato copy.jpg

Happy anniversary!! :)

Enjoyed a tasty lunch, and then smoked a bowl of year 2020 Watch City Rouxgaroux in a smooth medium bend 2021 Peterson POTY Natural 4AB No. 6/500 military mount with a silver cap and a tapered black vulcanite AB stem. Coffee from a freshly bag of Lavazza Classico, neat, is my drink.
4AB_Nat_left.jpg

A quarter of the way through this bowl of Watch City SEPC McClouxgaroux 2023 in a 1920s-30s Grant’s Pipe Shop Corinthian Deluxe 409 (made by Comoy’s) smooth brown medium bend bulldog with a tapered black vulcanite stem. This very limited edition blend is Rouxagaroux made with vintage McClelland tobaccos. Ernie Q did a marvelous blending job. Wish we had the resource to have made more. Been watching the Yankees-Red Sox game, and have been phone chatting with a friend who is a life long Yankees fan during the game. He only has 2,200 pipes in his collection.
Grant’s_Pipe_Shop_CorinthianDeluxe_bulldog409.jpg

Now smoking Watch City Queequeg’s Moby Dick Series in a straight brown sandblasted post-WWII family era Sasieni “Canadian” London Made with a sterling silver band with a tapered black vulcanite twin bore stem. Ice water and bergs is my drink.
Sasieni “Canadian”-blast_ss band.jpg

Listing this a little early: year 2012 Rolando’s Own in a smooth straight early ‘60s Lane era “William Conrad” Charatan Executive Extra Large stretch apple with diagonal channel cuts on the lower right and left of the bowl along with a black vulcanite double comfort saddle stem.
Conrad_apple-thumbnail copy.jpg

Relaxing after a wonderful salad, wild caught catfish and green beans dinner with strawberries for dessert. I'm smoking year 2013 Capstan Gold in a straight black 1932 Dunhill R double patent shell pot with a vernon tenon and a tapered black vulcanite stem. Just finished cleaning a few pipes, and am watching the Braves-Phillies game.
Dunhill_1932_pot.jpg

Relaxing after a wonderful salad, wild caught catfish and green beans dinner with strawberries for dessert. I'm smoking year 2013 Capstan Gold in a straight black 1932 Dunhill R double patent shell pot with a vernon tenon and a tapered black vulcanite stem. Just finished cleaning a few pipes, and am watching the Braves-Phillies game.
View attachment 20014
What is a vernon tenon, Jim?

A quarter of the way through this bowl of year 2013 Capstan Blue Flake in a straight 1924 Dunhill’s “Shell Briar” patent pot 7 with a tapered black vulcanite stem. Community Coffee, neat, is my drink. Watching a Gene Autry movie.
Dunhill_1924_ pot.jpg