What Are You Smoking Pages.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Did a set of walking reps in the high heat and humidity, and am close to finishing this bowl of year 2016 D&R Three Sails in an undated straight brush etched black Molina apple with a nickel band and a tapered black vulcanite stem. Just put Sam the Scamp outside. :( One good piece of news is that Abner the Eager was waiting me when I finished my walks, and he's inside eating his ever loving heart out. His leg seems to be okay now.
Molina_Apple.jpg

Enjoyed a tall stack of cinnamon raisin French toast with unsalted peanuts and a golden delicious apple on the side. Yesterday, a friend prompted me to smoke a bowl of Strang by writing, "Smoke it Jim, we're not getting any younger." He's right, and so I at the half way mark of this bowl from a freshly opened tin of year 2000 VaPer Three Nuns in a 1938 straight black grain relief Dunhill OX Shell bulldog with a silver band repair with a black vulcanite saddle stem. Lavazza Classico, neat, is my drink.
Dunhill_1938_left.jpg

Harry's back here, and doing well after being neutered and getting his shots. He has to stay inside four twenty-four hours, and then he'll go back to his outdoor life. Sam the Scamp is crying and banging on the back door wanting inside. I may bring her in for a short while later.

Enjoyed a tall stack of cinnamon raisin French toast with unsalted peanuts and a golden delicious apple on the side. Yesterday, a friend prompted me to smoke a bowl of Strang by writing, "Smoke it Jim, we're not getting any younger." He's right, and so I at the half way mark of this bowl from a freshly opened tin of year 2000 VaPer Three Nuns in a 1938 straight black grain relief Dunhill OX Shell bulldog with a silver band repair with a black vulcanite saddle stem. Lavazza Classico, neat, is my drink.
View attachment 20079

Harry's back here, and doing well after being neutered and getting his shots. He has to stay inside four twenty-four hours, and then he'll go back to his outdoor life. Sam the Scamp is crying and banging on the back door wanting inside. I may bring her in for a short while later.
Jim, I used to be the pastor of a small Baptist church. I often said it was like herding cats. I think you get the point. 🤓

A third of a bowl left of year 2020 Watch City Rouxgaroux in a smooth medium bend 2021 Peterson POTY Natural 4AB No. 6/500 military mount with a silver cap and a tapered black vulcanite AB stem. Ice water and bergs is my drink. Just posted my Per Jensen blends reviews.
4AB_Nat_left.jpg

Sam the Scamp snuck in the house, and immediately tried to attack Sleepy Suzy and then, Harry the Hairy. M'lady put her out. Sam is obviously upset to be outside.

Enjoyed too short a snooze, and am almost half way through this bowl of year 2021 unreleased Sutliff Black Virginia Flake in a late 80's, early 90s James Upshall P DS Tilshead England Made By Hand L185 Canadian with a silver band and a tapered black vulcanite stem. Ice water and bergs is my drink.
James Upshall P DS_L185 Canadian.jpg

Smoking a Pete Watson,Sutliff vanilla maple,mug of DD coffee. It`s been a trying day between back pain & dealing with these golden retriever puppies.... It`s amazing how these 2 little dogs have changed our household! I never realized how much I was set in my ways,LOL!
My wife just wanted the one female retriever, I talked her into getting the male too. He was the last one left and he looked lonely standing their by himself... The woman selling the goldens said nobody was interested in him because he was the smallest of the litter,So, I negotiated a Deal with her! Little did she know he was coming home with us either way!
Amazingly,the female is pretty mellow and quiet, the male is a bundle of energy and far from quiet!
I know these things take time,it`s only been 3 days so far. Patience is a virtue!

Relaxing after a wonderful salad, giant porterhouse steak, baked potato and sweet corn dinner with a bowl of freshly made chocolate pudding for dessert. I just finished smoking year 2010 FVF in a 2002 three quarter bend light brown sandblasted Ardor Urano Fatta A Mano eight sided paneled shaped bulldog sitter with a black acrylic saddle stem. Ice water and bergs is my drink. Too humid for coffee this evening.
Ardor Urano square shaped bulldog.jpg

Now smoking KBV Verge Engine Santa Drive 2023 in a 1978 Peterson Deluxe 20S medium bend smooth dark brown billiard with a silver cap military mount black vulcanite saddle p-lip stem. Watching the Braves-D-Backs game.
Peterson_Deluxe20S_1978_P-Lip.jpg

I did some reading, and learned that Sam the Scamp's behavior is not atypical of a female cat who has given birth to kittens or has been spayed. It takes up to a month or more for female cats to settle down. We saw her personality change when the scampers were around, and it's been amplified by the spaying. Hope she settles down, but we decided not to let her inside for any reason for a while.

I brought Molly Danger to the den a few hours ago, and she's been on m'lady's lap the whole time. I wonder if she knows that Sam is out of the house? Harry the Hairy is locked down in the back bathroom.

A
Friend, I am praying that you've caught this early and can nip it in the bud.

Good morning my fellow BoBs. On the front patio with Urban Cowboy in a Lorenzo Old Vic giant bent billiard and CR morning coffee. Going to be another hot one, high of 96. Got the pathology report from the biopsy on my neck. Turns out it's squamous cell carcinoma. I'm sure it will have to be removed, either surgically or by radiation. Waiting to hear from the Dr about moving forward. Freaking gnats are a pain this morning. Won't be out here too long. Have a great day everyone.
Praying for everything to go well, healing and peace of mind @Ranger107

Near the last quarter of this bowl of year 2020 Dunhill Elizabethan Match Plug in a black sandblasted quarter bend 2015 Rossi Vittoria author with a tapered black vulcanite stem.
Rossi_Vittoria_author.jpg

I brought Molly Danger into the den late this afternoon, and she has stayed with m'lady the entire time. Molly was a nervous wreck for a while, but when she realized that Sam wasn’t around, she settled down. This is the first time she has been up here since Sam had her babies back in March.

Enjoyed a tasty Snap Dragon apple, and have finished smoking this bowl of Watch City American Cut Plug Mixture in a smooth medium bend terracotta Peterson POY 2023 X160 464/1100 military mount egg with a silver cap and a tapered black vulcanite AB stem. I'd have posted earlier, but Harry the Hairy commandeered my lap.
Peterson_POY2023_X160.jpg

HarryRestsChairArm3.jpg

A third of the way through this bowl of year 2016 D&R Two Timer Gold in a 1982 smooth straight Sasieni Ivory 105 Apple with a black vulcanite saddle stem. This was my first Sasieni. Bought it at my local Tinderbox for $9.95. I'll end the day with this smoke. M'lady put Harry the Hairy back to the bathroom for the night, and I just fed Daisy the Feral Princess and Tomato the Brave. Didn't see Sam the Scamp.
Sasieni_Ivory_apple.jpg