What Is Your Favorite Morning Smoke?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
First thing in the morning, I enjoy a Va. tobacco from Boswells called "Dans Blend". No fuss ribbon cut packs right, lights easily, and wakes up my tastebuds with that sweet Va flavor.

I usually start my weekday mornings off with BCAQ. I smoke 1/3 on the drive to work, 1/3 on lunch break, and the last 1/3 on the way home. I usually start my weekend mornings off with an English/Balkan. Usually varies between something like Early Morning Pipe, Squadron Leader, or Blue Mountain (which is currently my favorite tobacco: sweet virginias, oriental, and latakia... umm so good!). I started last Sunday off with a bowl of Nightcap. It was cool and rainy out, which always triggers a desire for a heavier English.
Milan

BCAQ - Lane's 1Q & BCA blended at a 1:1 ratio. Bombdiggady!

Finck Cigars - Golden Cavendish by Peter Stokkebye - Great fruity Virginias with a terrific aroma. Goes great with a cup of Imperial Yunnan Tea.

For me, I only get the time to have a bowl on the mornings I'm not working. So that's either one or at the most 2 days/week.

When I do, I've been gravitating towards John Pattons' Virginia Squire. Solid, satisfying, and interesting enough to help wake me up along with fresh ground strong black coffee.

Cheers,

RR

Brewdude: Shame shame! Nothing should ever preclude your first morning smoke or your last evening smoke......NOTHING! Set the alarm clock earlier and never hit the sack until the last bowl is done. It is all a brother's routine. Those are probably the only two sane times of any man's day. Everything else in between is the rat race. Just gotta set Testosterone priorities and stick with the program.

LIPIPE":hxw1ewv3 said:
Brewdude: Shame shame! Nothing should ever preclude your first morning smoke or your last evening smoke......NOTHING! Set the alarm clock earlier and never hit the sack until the last bowl is done. It is all a brother's routine. Those are probably the only two sane times of any man's day. Everything else in between is the rat race. Just gotta set Testosterone priorities and stick with the program.
Here, here!! (the sound of tapping of canes around the room as the old fogies clear their throats and mumble in agreement). That's why (well, one of the reasons anyway) I get up at 5:00 AM, so I can have a peaceful bowl, a cup or two of coffee, and watch the dawn arrive. I still make it out of the house by 7:15 to meet my student's before my 8:00 class. Even on days where my first class is later, I still get up at 5:00 to enjoy the dawn, then get some work done before work.

Natch

Natch":vgtcp63q said:
LIPIPE":vgtcp63q said:
Here, here!! (the sound of tapping of canes around the room as the old fogies clear their throats and mumble in agreement). That's why (well, one of the reasons anyway) I get up at 5:00 AM, so I can have a peaceful bowl, a cup or two of coffee, and watch the dawn arrive. I still make it out of the house by 7:15 to meet my student's before my 8:00 class. Even on days where my first class is later, I still get up at 5:00 to enjoy the dawn, then get some work done before work.

Natch

:lol:

Cheers,

RR

Natch said:
Here, here!! (the sound of tapping of canes around the room as the old fogies clear their throats and mumble in agreement). /quote]

:lol!: :lol!: :lol!:

A few weeks ago I started a thread on your favorite morning smoke.

I can now say that mine is fat becoming Rattray's Red Raparee - just love the whole Orientals thing to get me going in the AM.

Now I ask you my brothers - what's you favorite evening smoke?

I don't believe I've found mine yet and would love to hear what you guys have found enjoyment of an evening with in your favorite pipe.

Commence!

Frank

i'm afraid my choice of first tobacco is like my choice of first coffee--whatever there is available--no real preference until much later--

some choices can't be rushed in the early hours ;)

I think I have discovered my morning smoke.

I have been really enjoying G. L. Pease's Chelsea Morning over the last week. Great mouth feel and taste. My wife says it has a nice room note as well.

It takes a bit of work with tamping and re lighting, but the experience is well worth it!

CarterHallJunkie":penteqpe said:
Crud - I meant for this to be it's own - brand new - thread

Rookie mistake.
No worries man. My evening smoke, like my morning smoke, changes with my mood and also with the seasons. When I am working nights and need a kick in the butt around 9pm or so to get through the night, I will break out G&H Dark Bird's Eye along with some black coffee and I am good to go! Also, in the summer time, I love sitting outside in the evening smoking a good Va like McClelland #27 and sipping on an Indian Pale Ale. In the winter time, I like to take walks at night while puffing on a nice English blend. Another evening favorite in the Winter is to sit inside, pack a bowl of GLP Abingdon, put on a black and white movie, pour a dark beer, and relax and enjoy the vast intricacies of life.

-Scott

scottbtdmb said:
CarterHallJunkie":4dqge9ql said:
Another evening favorite in the Winter is to sit inside, pack a bowl of GLP Abingdon, put on a black and white movie, pour a dark beer, and relax and enjoy the vast intricacies of life.
I recently discovered Abingdon over at 4noggins. Sounds intriguing. What's your assessment?

If you grab a tin of Abingdon, do yourself a favor and grab a tin of Blackpoint as well. I believe you can gauge either of them best if you have experience with both.